Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day.....

Today is Memorial 2010. It's kind of insane how quickly a year has gone by. It's amazing 10+years have gone by since I graduated high school. Being around all these high school/college kids - really doesn't make me feel old - until I start talking about some stuff and they look at me like "what?" - THEN I feel old. But they all seemed to have thought (until I told them) that I was really young. Yesterday one of them even said I look like I could've gone to prom with him. Ya.

So I suppose now would be a good time to do some retrospecting.....y?/y:

1 Year Ago - I had moved home to PA earlier in the month. I believe on Memorial Day I went to the gym and went to my neighborhood BBQ.

2 Years Ago - I was at New Smyrna and figuring out that what I wanted from a guy and what I needed from a guy were two different things. Weird how when you have THAT much free time you can think about stuff like that.

3 Years Ago - I believe I had my first BBQ of the Summer at Trish's - it was right after I moved in so we celebrated. Sigh, I do miss Florida and everyone.

4 Years Ago - I'm pretty sure I came home for Memorial Day Weekend. It was shortly after I moved down to Florida and most likely drove home for the weekend. Yeah - that was one of several DRIVES I decided I could do in a day (which of course I did).

5 Years Ago - I was in Michigan. I celebrated Memorial Day with Dan, PK, and Tamara. It was right after I had moved out to my own place. I actually worked ON Memorial Day (it was the start of HELL for me at 9and10 for the following 7 months). But nonetheless, I had a good time with my friends (as always).

6 Years Ago - I am pretty sure I was still in Michigan. I don't think I came home for the weekend because I was taking Summer classes at CMU. I'm pretty sure it was the lamest Memorial Day weekend I've had to date.

7 Years Ago - I was home for Memorial Day because it was right after College. I was still miserable (as I was for awhile).....but I was living at my aunt and uncles for the summer watching my cousins. WOW - can't believe that was 7 years ago! TIME FLIES!


Before all that - I was in college and high school so all my Memorial Day's were celebrated at my house with my neighbors....OH! with the exception of Senior year of HS - but it was later after the BBQ - Rick's infamous party where the tables turned in my direction for the rest of the school year. Haha. OOOOOOh high school. But that's a different story for a different time.

For now, I leave you with this:
"I thank god for my life...and for the stars and stripes...may freedom forever fly..."

No comments: