Saturday, June 5, 2010

New Adventures....and Lifeguarding

The latest in my dating adventures....two Fun Facts:

1. Dave wants to get together again. He asked me to collect on my rain check from the week before. I told him I'd get back to him. I didn't/haven't. I suppose it makes me a horrible person but what can ya do when you are so busy?

2. I chatted with Aaron on Thursday night. We only chatted for about 15 minutes but before we said goodbye he asked me what I was doing for the rest of the weekend. I'm pretty slammed this weekend so I explained all that. To which he responded, "So I guess I'll just hit you up some time next week? Unless you're not interested in hanging out. I mean I don't know you could be blowing me off...but I think you're a pretty honest person so I'm just asking if you're still interested in hanging out." All this kind of caught me off guard. I told him I wasn't blowing him off - I really am that busy and FOR WHATEVER REASON (I don't know what possessed me to say this) I also said, "yes, I'm still interested in hanging out".

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!! I don't want to hang out with him again! Wow. Awful. I'm awful.

Anyway - that's the latest and greatest - honestly though - I have been really busy. Between my three jobs and school, I have very little time for other things and even when I do, I'm exhaustified. By the end of June I should be set as far as having more free time. So only three more weeks of this craziness. awesome.

To give you an idea, a typical week for me right now looks something like this:
Monday: Work at PSC, workout, Cabrini from 4-7, homework
Tuesday: Spin class, PSC, Class 4:30-7, homework, Foundation Meeting
Wednesday: PSC, workout, Cabrini 4-7, homework
Thursday: PSC, workout, Cabrini 4-7, Foundation meeting
Friday: Spin Class, PSC, Coach 4:30 - 7
Saturday and Sunday: PSC all day

This weekend I started my (re) certification of my Lifeguarding Cert. Honestly, everything came back to me this morning as we started everything. We have three more sessions but really just one more in the pool. Tomorrow we're doing full rescues, Next Saturday is CPR certs and next Sunday is the final test. Easy Peasy. I was a little worried when I first decided to do all of this mainly because I'm still pretty unsure about my body but whatever. I just sucked it up. And, oh yeah, the fact that I'm like 15 years old than the next person trying to get certified. Yeah. awesome.

Today was a much better day at PSC too. I think I've officially bonded with Bethany, which is great. She's pretty cool when you get down to it. I'm hoping this makes the rest of the summer go smoothly. And it seems as though the rest of the guards are really liking me:-) So yay!

lastly - the tops of my legs got burnt today. Awesome.

p.s. Dear Rain, if you could hold off until tomorrow when work has to start that'd be great. I'd like to run in the morning and do our lifeguard certs. K thanks. Love, Katie

No comments: