Saturday, May 22, 2010

Adventures in Dating - UPDATE...and more

Remember Adventure #9? Yeah - I got a text message from him today. Just asking me how my house sitting was going. That was nice of him. He's headed to the Phillies game tonight - hope it doesn't rain!

I'm tired. Beat.

Today - I took it easy. No working out - (I did a double yesterday Run and Swim) - but I ate a lot of crap. I'll try to get a salad or something for dinner tonight. Hopefully that'll make me feel better. I'm pretty tired though. And these kids - THEY'RE DRAINING! I'm exhausted. Seriously.

Elsewhere - I'm kind of at my wits end here. I'm just really exhausted and I haven't done a whole lot this weekend. Maybe it's everything catching up to me because I've been non-stop all week. I kind of want to pig out still - get some nachos and whatnot. Still trying to keep to my healthy eating pattern. Blerg.

I've been thinking - and this is all based on something a good friend of mine said - maybe I should just take a break from this whole dating thing. I seriously feel like it's all a forced situation. I think everything should kind of develop naturally. Like I met this guy that's actually a teacher with my mom at her school. That could work? Probably not. Or the guy from my English class? Maybe? Probably not. (wow I'm negative Nancy aren't I?)

The truth is - I didn't expect my life to be like this at this point. I didn't really know what my life would be like - but I didn't really think it'd resemble this. I suppose all I can do is keep on keepin' on? Yes?

Somewhere along the way - a friend told me it's possible I'm the one that's making the wrong moves...that's possible. But I don't think it's just one thing. I think it's a series of events that kind of all come together at the right time. Moments that probably could've worked out but didn't....times you wish you could take back....events that unfold that lead to unexpected and surprising results. But still - I'm at this place where I kind of just feel stuck. I don't think I'm the only one to feel like that but right now it feels as though I'm the only one experiencing it.

Anyway - just wanted to give that update and that momentary "sigh".

No comments: