Sunday, May 23, 2010

100th Post!!!, Update, and More tips....

Soooooo, I've had this blog for nearly two years - hard to believe - and this is JUST my 100th post. My posting pattern seems to ebb and flow at times. If I'm busier it obviously falls by the wayside but despite my busy-ness lately - I've been updating regularly. That being said - this will just be like any other post - maybe 101 will be superduper special! Ha. Onto the Update:

Update on Adventures in Dating #7. Remember James? The one with the 2 1/2 year old daughter? So I'm at my faculty meeting for Cabrini today and I get a text (keep in mind, it's 11:56 when I get the first one). The conversation went as follows:

James: Would you like to do lunch today?
Me: (knowing full well what I wanted to say but kept it to this) If I could get away I would. I'm in a meeting until 1 and I'm house/kid sitting until 8pm tonight. Hope all is well.
James: Things are good:) Hope all is well with you too.

You see that conversation?! The one right above this sentence. Yeah. WTF?! This directly relates to the NOTES FOR GUYS post I wrote a bit back. Seriously.

TIP #8 - If you want to go out for lunch, dinner, coffee, etc. - DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT CALL OR TEXT ME THAT DAY AND EXPECT ME TO BE AVAILABLE. Seriously! Have some effing common courtesy for reals. I have a life. Just because you happen to be available at that time - doesn't mean I will be. On top of which, if you knew you were going to be available then, ask me the day before. Am I right? [[Sidenote: I do realize that it's possible things just opened up for him and he thought, "it can't hurt to ask, she might be free, right?" totally ok if you present the situation like that. But when I haven't heard from you in nearly three weeks - don't expect me to just JUMP at the chance to see you. I usually take guys' numbers out of my phone if I haven't heard from them in three weeks - can't believe his is still in there.]] I just don't get people who do that. It's one thing when it's a friend. That's totally different. But when it someone you hardly know - at least have some common decency to ask a day in advance. y/y?

No comments: