Friday, May 14, 2010

Adventures in Dating - Revisited

This post is a continuation of Adventure Part 6: Aaron. We went out on our second date last night. I figured I'd get to this before I got to Adventure No. 8 since it's still fresh in my mind.

Date #2
We had originally planned to get together the night before - but since the Flyers ended up winning their previous game - it meant there was a Game 6 the same night so we postponed (he has season tickets) to the next day. Fine - no biggie. If it were me - I'dve done the same thing.

So we meet up at Baggataway Tavern after I get finished at swim practice (coaching). I'm not nervous - nothing. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I mean - I like hanging out with him. We have great conversations. So I suppose I'll chalk it up to being a good thing.

We order a pitcher of beer, get food, start chatting. And sure enough - there's a band (well really two guys playing guitars, but it's all the same) - and we're right near them - so it limits the amount we can talk. So. We finish dinner and Aaron asks me if I want to go for a walk. I was like - oooook. I mean. There's not that many places to walk around in that area so we headed out over the bridge and just talked. It was nice. We learned a lot about each other. I told him about my ED and Rachel. And where I was in my life as far as finding someone. It was nice that he understood. I don't know if he knows exactly what I was talking about - but he listened which was nice. I found out a lot more about him - what his life was like growing up - him feeling like he needed to take care of his family, etc. So we have that in common. I also found out his ethnicity (which up to this point was still a mystery to me.). I didn't care - I just wasn't sure what it was. [[Sidenote: He's Asian and Irish. What a weird combination. Never would've guessed. I suppose anything is possible. Of course he was surprised to find out I was Italian too so...I guess we all have our own little surprises...]]

We talked for awhile - and I agreed to go out with him this weekend. I'm going to meet all his friends (or a decent amount of them). It's one of their B-day's. I have to admit - I'm a little nervous about that. Sometimes friends can be critical....mine aren't but I've been in situations where inviting a new person can be kind of - awkward. Another story for another time though. So.....obviously that'll be date #3.

The night ended. He gave me a couple of kisses (he's not the greatest kisser....but whatever). And we parted ways.

Interestingly enough - for as good of a time I had with him - it wasn't the reason I went home smiling :-) But that's another story for another post :-)

No comments: