Friday, May 21, 2010

Adventures in Dating - Part 9

Before I get to the nitty gritty - I went out (after my date) to Thomas' last night. SO MUCH FUN! My face seriously hurt from smiling and laughing so much! I have the best best friend evah! :-) k now that that's out of the way....On to Dating Adventure #9 with Dave.

Adventures in Dating - Part 9: Dave
First and foremost, as y'all know, I pretty much give anyone a chance - as long as they look normal, have a few interests that are the same as me, and probably are fun to hang out with. Dave was no exception. He was really nice. TALL. (I didn't realize he was completely bald until I met him) and big. Not big in the sense that he was overweight - but big in the sense that he looked like he could rip you to shreds in a second. I suppose it's beneficial to look that way in the Navy :-) [[Sidenote: if no one starts humming this tune or begins singing the Village People's song...."In the Navy....Yes, you can sail the seven seas...In the Navy...Yes, you can put your mind at ease..." what's wrong with you?! Go listen to YMCA]] His build is not my typical type - I usually date guys who are pretty slender and athletic looking. But I liked how tall he was :-)

But I digress....back to what's really important....the 5 w's and the h. The How we already know. The Who...clearly a great band...so which Roger Daltrey didnt look like he was two steps into his grave....ah again, I digress. We know who - Dave. The When - Thursday night - 8 pm - after my class. Where? Coopers which is actually right next to Jake's and the link is actually for Jake's....owned by the same people. I had never been there - which became pretty obvious when I couldn't figure out exactly where it was. But I heard good things about the food (p.s. the MUSHROOM PIZZA - omg todiefor!). And the wine selection was alright. A little pricey but hey, I wasn't payin'! and Why? - because he asked :-)

Date #1
So I actually get out of class early and figure I'll just head down and be early - no biggie. I got to Manayunk in 20 minutes and the rest of the time (read: 40 minutes) I spent trying to find a parking spot. UGH! Frustrating to say the least. But. I finally got there. Met up with Dave. We sat down and started chatting. Like I said, the food was good. We had a pretty nice conversation. Rehashed a few of our own horror stories with dating and both agreed that DATING SUCKS. And he talked about his exgirlfriend a lot. Like - to the point where I knew she was stalking him. [[Sidenote: Ladies - these are two red flags! When a guy talks about his ex ON THE FIRST DATE - unless it's an ex from YEARS ago - no so much with the good. Other red flag - if you know she's stalking him - stay away! You don't want none of that drama. For prior reference to avoiding drama read my Adventures with Shane. Just be like Mary J go with the whole "No More Drama" rule. Makes like that much easier.]] But dinner was good. We talked a lot - conversation seemed to flow. It was getting later - just after 10 and we both agreed it was probably time to head out. He told me he wanted to walk me to my car but obviously I had other plans. I invited him to come to Karaoke if he wanted and could meet a few friends. He accepted.

I don't know if he's just not comfortable with new people or with crowds but he seemed pretty shy. I was surprised. He bought me a beer. I think he was a little thrown with the excitement level of the guys singing. Nonetheless, after about an hour - he headed out. Said he'd shoot me a text today and gave me a hug. I have to admit - I did have a good time - but that guy.....might not call me. I would be surprised if he did. Either way....just another adventure in dating!

No comments: