Thursday, May 13, 2010

Adventures in Dating - Part 6

At this point - I pretty much decided to postpone the dating situation. I thought things were going to get started with Ryan - but alas - he got too busy - despite his several attempts to apologize and say he'd call me. I just kind of put it out to him and said - look I know you're busy - but we don't have to do anything extravagant. He's too busy. Plain and simple. Maybe it'll work out - but I'm not holding my breadth.

So I sort of wallowed for a week or two. None of these guys were working out - the one I liked was too busy. Bleh. I was like I want to give up! And I did for a bit. Then I decided to join Eharmony because what've I got to lose, plus it was a pretty cheap deal to join for three months. So whatevs. I'm signed up through the day before my birthday in July. Let's see if I can't spend this Birthday alone this year. Fast forward about a month...

Adventures in Dating - Part 6: Aaron
So as I mentioned, I joined eharmony. I was kind of striking out with guys. I didn't see any cute ones and the ones that were contacting me weren't cute. Bummer. Then Aaron sent me a message and we kind of hit it off. He's pretty cute. He's much better looking in person than in his pictures. He's older and we have a lot in common. So after a few chats on gmail and some text exchanges we agree to meet up the Sunday night after the Broad Street Run. I thought I'd be fine later that night - but I was literally wrecked. It was SO damn hot and my hips/knees were killing me...so I asked to postpone which he was totally understanding and we met up later that week on Thursday.

Date #1
He asked to meet at Couch Tomato which is like - one of my favorite places in the 'yunk to eat with my bestest Jacks. We order from there pretty often when I hang out at her house (actually I think every time haha). So we meet up around 7 and I have to be honest, I was a little nervous. It had been nearly a month since all those other guys so I was like - I hope we have a lot to talk about. But as soon as he got there - it was fine. Easy to talk to - great conversation - lots of laughs - lots in common. Food was good - weather was nice - everything going well. We talked for a few hours and just after 9 decided we should call it a night.

He walked with me toward my car and then I totally forgot where I parked - so he walked with me to my car - and since it ended up being pretty far from his car - I offered him a ride to his. He accepted - I got him to his car and he leaned in for a kiss. The kiss was....it was alright. It was in an awkward position. We were sitting in my car and it was an awkward lean. Nice enough though. I told him to give me a call. Hopefully we could hang out again soon.

Since then we've chatted a few times. We actually made plans for last night (Wednesday) but since the Flyers are deciding not to rollover and die in the hockey playoffs, he had tickets to the game and we pushed the date back to tonight. So I'm meeting him after I coach practice tonight. I think it'll be a good time. He actually asked me what I was up to this weekend already - apparently he's going downtown with a group of friends for a birthday - I didn't give him an answer yet but I'm a little hesitant. Meeting friends - to me - is a pretty big deal. And then I got to thinking....

In my past experience, have the guys I've gone out with introduced me to their friends first or have I introduced them to mine first? And I think it was the former in my case. Introducing a guy to my friends is kind of like introducing them to my family because I consider my friends to be family. Maybe that's why....hrm...interesting...

But anyway - obviously this Adventure in Dating is TBContinued....

No comments: