Sunday, May 16, 2010

Adventures in Dating - RE-Revisited

I suppose I should start making part A and part B for second and third dates....but aside from Ryan and Aaron - I haven't gone out more than once with any of these guys. But - this adventure is Date #3 with Aaron.

Date #3
So last night I went out with Aaron again - this time, I met a bunch of his friends. We went out for his best friend's girlfriend's birthday at a place called Mad Mex. Awesome AWESOME place! I definitely want to go back with my friends some time. Food is great. But let me back up a bit.

So I drove over to Aaron's house (to avoid him picking me up and having to meet my family). We got a ride with his other friend Aaron and Vanessa (bf/gf). Very nice, very friendly. I actually kind of got the sense that Aaron (the one who drove) was kind of taking an interest - all the questions and the staring at dinner kind of tipped me off....especially the four or five times I caught him looking at me (and saw it out of the corner of my eye). Oh he's cute - but he's taken - off limits. Also - Aaron's roommate - the one I thought was cute - has a girlfriend. Also off limits. [[Sidenote: is it horrible that I'm making comments like this? I suppose if I'm still looking at other guys - it probably means I'm not that interested in Aaron? Which I guess I knew already anyway...]] But I digress....

SO we all drive down to the restaurant - get there - there are a few of their friends there already. All very nice to meet them. There was about 15 of us - so I didn't get to talk to everyone - but the ones I did talk to - super cool. Like I said, very friendly, very welcoming. I could tell that it is a rare occasion that Aaron would bring someone out with the rest of them - esp since they made comments like - "hey aaron you brought a date...good for you buddy". I don't know. I thought that was weird - another tip off that led me to write the first part of this post. We'll get back to that later though.

So I had a few beers - nothing crazy - dinner was exceptionally awesome! Lots of veggie stuff to eat. It was interesting to see what he was like around his friends. He's kind of boisterous. A little un-filtered, almost kind of obnoxious. He was drinking so it was a different side of him. None of those things were that bad or anything but being that it was only the third time we went out, I was kind of put off that it got to the point where I was talking more to his friends than to him. It seemed exactly like I thought it was - he's the guy in their group that doesn't usually have a girl with him so he doesn't have to worry about "entertaining" anyone. And I'm totally not one of those people that needs someone to pay attention to them all the time - but I mean - come on - we're on a date. No big deal. I just rolled with the punches. But it kind of got to the point where I had more fun with his friends than him - not a good sign.

Here's the deal for me:
1. I can not keep hanging out with him just because I like his friends. Yes, they're fun. Yes, they're nice. Yes, if I were out I'd want to hang out with them as my friends too....but that doesn't make it ok to keep hanging out with him and leading him on just so I can hang out with his awesome friends.

2. I'm pretty sure I won't have to figure out how to let him down just yet. I'm busy all week and so is he. Almost a blessing in disguise. Is that mean? ha

3. I'm still not all that attracted to him. Like I mentioned before, I don't think it's a good sign when you're looking at other guys during conversation or when you're eying up his friends because you can't help but notice how cute they all are.

It really is a shame though because he seems like he'd be a great friend to have if nothing more than to hang out and watch sports. But. I don't need any more friends to do that with...and I'm sure he doesn't want that. So. bleh.

But to get back to the date.....
So we all leave around 11 and eventually make our way to the car - we had originally planned to go out in Manayunk but while on our way back we figured it was getting late and opted just to head back. Fine by me. I mean it would've been fine to stay out because I really was having a good time but I didn't really care either way.

So they drop us off - and Aaron asks me if I want to come in for a bit but decline and say I should probably head home. We end up talking for a bit before I actually leave. He kisses me again. This time is a little better than the last. But - it didn't leave me wanting more....so....I realized on my way home that I'm glad to have met him. He's a nice guy. But it's probably not going to work out. There's no spark for me. There's no chemistry for me. Maybe he feels something but, I don't.

A separate post about guys on dating sites next time....

No comments: