Saturday, July 31, 2010

You're killin' me Smalls!

Ok - seriously - anyone that does not love The Sandlot - you just don't know. You just don't. Such a great coming of age movie. And it includes baseball....always reminds me of my childhood growing up on Aster Lane. (that particular movie is on while I write this, so you're all not like...where the ef did that come from katie?) :-)

Today was one of those days that went so fast, I blinked and it was over. I guess that's what happens when things are planned each hour for work. Today was Family Night at PSC. This means we had the pools open til 9:30, grounds til 10...and there were a lot of activities planned. That being said - I had such a great time! Seriously, I hope I can put pics up once Bethany puts them on Facebook because they're worth showing.

I'll most likely update about Family Night tomorrow night...but tonight I'd like to take a moment to talk about what I did yesterday.

Yesterday, I had a pretty typical day: I went to Spin Class; I got a pedicure; I came home for a bit and made my lunch; I went to work and then came home for the night. In between the pedicure and coming home - I went to George Washington Cemetery. In other words, I visited Rachel and Troy's Grave.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day. Gorgeous. I went. I sat down at the foot of the grave, where Rachel's stone is and I sobbed. I outwardly sobbed. Any one that knows me, knows I don't really cry in front of people unless something horrible has happened - so it's only normal that I was alone and crying to two people who mean/meant the world to me. I think it was a culmination of everything I've been keeping to myself just kind of coming to a breaking point. I tend to keep everything...well...a lot of things...to myself. It's an old habit that I've been trying to break but you know what they say about old habits and dying hard. So......I sobbed. I sobbed and sobbed. I talked. I sobbed. [[Sidenote: From now on, if I plan a trip to the cemetery I always need to bring tissues...using my sleeve is not a good option]]

I talked about what was on my mind. I told Rachel how much I could use her advice right now. And then this amazing thing happened....as it has before (the 5K race and at work)....a butterfly. A butterfly flew right by my head and just hovered over the grave with me. It flew away quickly - but it was there and it made me smile through the tears. I don't care if people think I'm crazy when I say that. I don't care what anyone thinks about that....it gives me comfort and I'll take it. I miss them dearly. I think about them often.

So alright. Enough about that. I know the sad stuff doesn't keep people reading. But. I don't make any apologies. This blog isn't supposed to always be happy. It's about me, the life I lead, and what I feel/think. It is what it is...and that's all I got :-). take it or leave it....it's just me.

No comments: