Saturday, July 3, 2010

The beginning of the end....?

Possibly. Maybe.

Today - July 3 - is not a significant day at all. Tomorrow is our nation's independence day (I feel a reference to the movie coming on). But really, I'm kind of deflated. This whole week. I've just been kind of deflated.

A few reasons why....

-My month and a half of crazy schedule is over so I'm not as busy as I was. And although I'm glad to have more time on my hands, I feel like I'm not doing enough (ha, not doing enough with just two jobs!).

-I'm worn out. I need a vacation basically. My dad and stepmom are on their way to the OBX this morning for a week with Joanne's family. Under normal circumstances I'd just say, have a good time. But at this point, I'd honestly love to be going with them. I just need a week of decompression, a week of doing nothing. A week of relaxing and a week with some friends.

-I'm really missing Florida this week. The 4th wasn't the biggest holiday there but we always did some fun stuff. Two summers ago I celebrated and then made the trip to Michigan for BBX taping. Last summer, I believe we had a nice BBQ and then set off some fireworks in our front yard :-) haha.

-I'm kind of bored. To be honest. I suppose I should start reading or something. Maybe I'll bring a book with me to work today. Definitely not tomorrow, but today - might be good. We didn't have that many people at the pool yesterday (which either means they were all busy preparing for the weekend or they are all heading down the shore). Either way - Sunday is going to be a crazy day.

-I'm really not happy about my birthday at all this year. Normally I'm really looking forward to it. But this year I'm pretty indifferent to it. I don't really even care that it's in 8 days. I'm going to the phillies game the night before, but, I don't know, it just doesn't feel like it should be my birthday this year.

-I had a few bad dreams this week. Annoying. VERY annoying. And had a nasty comment made to me at work yesterday.

So all in all, this week has been odd.

Some good things that DID happen this week:

-Met up with AB for dinner on Tuesday! So great to see him. We had a nice chat over drinks and dinner.

-Saw Gus gus' swim meet on Tuesday night after dinner. He swam really well! I was/am so proud of him.

-Reconnected with an old friend (Amy) and hope to get together with her soon.

-Lifeguard relays at PSC. Hilarious. Just hilarious. Only not so hilarious part was them all throwing me in the pool afterwards. yeah. I guess they'd only do that if they liked me, right? (that's what I keep telling myself)

-Finally figured out what is wrong with my eyes. Turns out I have a really thin layer connecting the back of my eyes to my socket. If I see bolts of light or black spots, I need to call a doc asap - it means my eye has torn away and could be detrimental to my eye sight. Turns out it's pretty common in fair skinned people. And when I asked dr goldberg how it happens he said, "oh, it's mainly due to aging". sweet.

-My bike is FINALLY ready! Now, finding the time to pick it up - that's the next obstacle. ha.

Anywho - off for another fun day at psc. Most likely an update tomorrow. Adieu!

No comments: