Thursday, July 8, 2010

Do you know what's worth fighting for?

A little bit of Green Day this morning. I'm really looking forward to seeing The Musical in August. That weekend in August (13th, 14th, 15th) is due to be a pretty epic weekend. Friday is the BNL Concert @ Radio City Music Hall, Saturday is American Idiot on Broadway, and Sunday is Paul McCartney @ The Linc. Did I mention I have bangin' seats for all of them? Ha. Getting older does have it's advantages some times. You have more money to pay for better seats!

On to different matters.......

July 4th came and went. It was a busy day at PSC. And since then, it's been HOT HOT HOT. Today it's ONLY going up to 92. Ha. The past few days it was over 100. Yikes. Hopefully it'll get a little cooler for the weekend. I'm going to the Phils game on Saturday. Very excited about that. Tailgate all day and the game at night. Sunday is my birthday. um. yeeeeeah. More on that later.

Last night I went out with Paul to Seasons 52. For my birthday :-) It was an amazing dinner! ha. amazing. Our waitress used that adjective for EVERYTHING on the menu. But honestly. It's pretty true. So good. I'm so glad they opened one up here. The food on the menu changes seasonally and it's all fresh. We ordered a bottle of wine for dinner and just enjoyed each others company. I can't help but be so thankful to have a friend like Paul. For as long as we've been friends, and the slight/minor tiffs (if we've ever had them), it's fantastic that we never get tired of each other. Always happy when I hang out with him :-) Thanks Paul!!!! I highly recommend going to Seasons 52 and also, finding a Paul for yourself! haha.

I'm working today and tomorrow and then I'm off the rest of the weekend (including Monday). Had I planned it better I would've gotten a ticket to O-town for the weekend. Hung out with my friends down there. I miss them. Some of them are going through stuff right now that I wish I was there to (metaphorically) be a shoulder to lean on. I suppose part of growing up is realizing you can't be everywhere all the time. But, phone calls are just as easy. But I digress.....

What are my plans for my birthday weekend? hrm. Phils game Saturday. I might go watch the Cancer Bike Ride in NJ on Sunday Morning....but I don't have any plans really. My dad will be back from OBX that day, so I'm sure I'll stop by his house to see him and Joanne. I might just go to my grandparents and layout. I kind of need to work on my tan. haha. it's awkward. :-) I don't know. Aren't I so exciting? To be honest, I'm really not happy about this particular birthday. Nothing great about turning 29. Nothing. Maybe I'll get out of this funk by then and be motivated to do something.

No comments: