Monday, June 28, 2010

Nearly a Year....

It's been nearly a year (next month) since the passing of Rachel and Troy. I realize it's relatively cliche to say this but, I truly can't believe how quickly a year has gone. The memory and awfulness of that morning still lingers in my mind. I don't think I'll ever forget Corrine coming into our house and telling us, "Rachel and Troy are dead." Words you never expect or hope to hear. I miss them every day. I think about them all the time. I can only hope to continue to keep their memory as a way of helping others.

Today is the First Annual (we hope) Rachel and Troy Foundation Golf Outing. It's at Green Valley Country Club here in Lafayette Hill, PA. It's going to be balls hot. And it's going to be a long day - but I don't think I'd have it any other way. It's going to be a good day and we're going to raise a lot of money in honor of them. All the money we raise goes to support women and children who are the victims of domestic abuse. The money we raise (specifically) goes to The Laurel House and Mission Kids. I can only hope that we are able to help other women and children before something terrible happens again.

Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it's one day further from the last time you saw each other, it's one day closer to the next time you will.
-- Author Unknown

No comments: