Monday, September 19, 2011

NEW PR!!!

WOOT WOOT! AWWW yea - promptly after writing this post I'll be updating my sidebar with PR times :-)

Yesterday's Rock n' Roll Half Marathon was "rockin', rollin', and whatnah" (name that movie!) I got a great night sleep the night before and although I missed the Phillies winning the NL East...it was worth it (plus, they've won 5 years in a row now....bite my tongue for saying that...I shouldn't take it for granted!)....but I digress.

I woke up bright and early at 5am - had my usual peanut butter on an english muffin and a nice cup of coffee. I also had some water (which came back later to bite me in the butt but oh well). Bethany arrived at my mom's house at 6:15ish and we were on our way. We were down at the start by 6:50 and had an hour or so to kill so we made a bee line to the bag drop off (I always bring something to either change into or put over me and since I knew it was going to be cooler that morning, I brought a sweatshirt - THANK GOODNESS! I was fa-ree-zing! More on that later). We then made a direct walk over to the port-a-potties (first of the morning) and got in and out and on our way.....to which we then took some pictures:
















So my time on the website says 1:47.59 but like I said, the course was actually 13.45 miles and not 13.1. My Garmin says I ran 13.1 in 1:43.28....so we're going with that :-)

The rest of the day.....I took an ice bath for my leggies...then just chilled at home. It was a relaxing Sunday. Now...on to training for the full in November. EEK!

No comments: