Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The A-P-T!

So I bet all 5 of you are excited to see the new digs?!?!?!?!?!

Well this isn't that post :-). Sorry! Next one, I promise!

This particular post is about being sick because that's exactly what I've been the last three days. Over the long weekend nonetheless. Ugh. It already sucks to be sick but for it to be over a long weekend when you've moved into a new place and are really excited to do stuff....yeah.

It all started with a super duper sore throat in which I kept thinking that I might be getting strep again - turns out it wasn't strep but possibly the flu or a 24 hour bug. Although from what I understand, a 24 hour bug would disappear within....24 hours. This not feeling good thing is still kind of lingering.

After moving in on Saturday and finishing everything by about 2pm, Brian and I went to get lunch of which I bought because it's the LEAST I could do to thank him for helping me. A few hours after I ate my stomach started feeling wonky and I should've known then that I shouldn't have attempted to eat anything (thinking: maybe I'm just hungry?) ha. I went back to my mom's house to pick up a few more things and ended up getting sick once at her place and thinking: ok, maybe that's all. I did feel better but little did I know what was to come.

I made it back to my apartment without getting sick but once I was home, it was all bets off. A few hours into my illness I called my dad. Why; I have no idea - actually that's not true. My dad is AMAZING in crisis situations and especially when I am being unreasonable. I knew calling him he would atleast soothe my upsetness. I am not kidding when I tell this thing KICKED. MY. ASS. My dad and stepmom came over and brought over all the necessary things: ginger ale, crackers, medicine for nausea, etc. Basically my dad was and is my knight in white shining armor (good luck guys on living up to his high standards). He and Jo stayed with me until close to midnight at which my illness subsided after taking alka-seltzer and I eventually fell asleep. I was in a lot of physical pain though. My whole body was basically like, "hey katie, what's goin on...oh, you don't like feeling like every single one of your muscles is about to explode with tremendous backpain?! Well too bad. TAKE IT ALL."

The next day - after pretty much no sleep - I still felt pretty craptastic. Soooo...I was up by 6am - called out of my spin class (there is no way I couldve taught. I couldn't even stand for more than 5 minutes without getting dizzy) - stayed in bed for about two hours then moved to my living room where I proceeded to lay down on my couch and passed-the-ef-out for three more hours. Shortly thereafter my dad called to ask if I needed anything and then he proceeded to buy me some groceries. He came over to a completely pitiful me and then did tons of stuff around my apartment. He's really the best :-)

After he left I took a shower and felt a little bit more normal but not 100%. I went home again because Aster Lane always has a BBQ and I couldn't miss it. They're some of my favorite childhood traditions that I hope continue forever. Meanwhile my neighbor Sue bought me some veggie soup from a nearby chinese restaurant place and as soon as I ate it - the color came back into my face - I seriously think I had magic potion. So good and made me feel better. I took it easy the rest of the night.

The next day I was scheduled to teach spin - which I did....and got a good workout in. Of course afterwards I felt like crap again and so obviously I had to cancel any plans I had for the rest of the day. I ate the rest of my soup and felt better but then I was like - ohhh, it'll be fine, I'll just have some real food at the BBQ. Yeah, not a good idea. I felt nauseous the rest of the night. I didn't sleep well last night.

I woke up this morning feeling the same way and took some nausea medicine. I am afraid to eat anything. Ugh. This sucks! I have a half marathon in a week and a half and I still need to get a long run in. Maybe I'll be better by Saturday.

Anyway - that's my sicky sick story. I don't care if it sounds like I'm whining. I don't know anyone that likes being SO sick they're crying.

What's your worst sick story? I have a few more doozies but those are for another time and another place.

NEXT POST IS APT PICS! I PROMISE!

No comments: