Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today is a new day....

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...”~Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of my favorite authors. So true. He's right, and I know it. So why can't I seem to let things go? I wish I knew how to do that. I suppose I'm better at it some days than others. Right now, the way my life is right now, I am struggling letting go.

I have so many things on my mind. As amazing as Tuesday night was with my bestest, after yesterday, all the stress returned. Here's a list of just some of the things I have to accomplish within the next week and a half:

1. Presentation in my EDG class (tonight) - of which I am pretty sure I'm going to bomb....which sucks cause I don't want to.
2. Take the Praxis test (Saturday) - every practice test I've been taking, I've been doing miserably on the Reading/Writing sections and kicking the Math section's ass. Maybe I should've listened to my mom....and become a math teacher.
3. Last day of coaching (tomorrow) - which isn't stressful - but I just want to get it over with.
4. My cousin's graduation party (Saturday) after the Praxis test.
5. Organizing the 4th of July celebration at PSC - activities list and whatnot.
6. Plan a Ladies Night at PSC.
7. Plan Family Night at PSC.
8. Organize a Volunteer Schedule for the Foundation Golf Outing (this should actually be moved up on the list).
9. Write an email to Baldwin about my interest in becoming the Asst Swim Coach for the next school year.
10. Exercise so I don't lose my mind!
11. A final project for my EDG class - I haven't even started on this - the last class is a week from today. yah. Awesome.

BUT - today is a new day - what I need to do is make a reasonable list of what I can accomplish today and do it. So here's what I'm going to try and tackle today....

1. Run
2. PSC (organize the 4th and Ladies night)
3. Review my presentation for class - read over the information for the 8 minute lecture.
4. Class - present my topic.
5. Study my praxis stuff after class.

I still have yet to call my doctor about getting some kind of anti anxiety meds. I also need to make a lady doctor appt and a dentist appt. awesomeness.

Here's hoping that once this golf outing is over - my life will be MUCH more simplistic. But I'm not gonna lie. I'm REALLY NOT looking forward to turning 29 this year. Like almost to the point where I'm gonna cry about it. :-/

No comments: