Monday, August 9, 2010

I can't believe how the times they have changed

All the dreams that came true still seem so far away
I remember the days sittin' on the front porch with
The sun beatin' down in my neighborhood ~ G. Love and Special Sauce, When We Meet Again

I have this overwhelming feeling right now. Just. This very moment. It's quarter to 8 on Monday morning....and I have this overwhelming feeling of missing Orlando.

I'm in the middle of my routine....coffee...email check...fb check...blog check. Two out of the three blogs I check religiously are written by two girls who live in Orlando. One of them is moving but her latest blog post just made me miss Florida SO MUCH. There wasn't anything special in it. Nothing particular as far as a spot or a situation that you'd only be in if you lived in Orlando....it was a blog from her eating dinner at The Mellow Mushroom. Now, keep in mind...this isn't a place I ate at very often, but I did a few times...and their pizza is amazing. Excellent.

I don't know what it is. I just. Wow. I am very emotional about it right now. I miss Orlando and my friends from there so much. Thank goodness I'm going there in less than a month! As nice as my life is now up here...I sincerely miss and wonder what my life would've been like had I stayed down there and kept working freelance. I think about that nearly every week. I know I made the right choice when it came to my life...and I live with no regrets....but I sincerely wish I could take the social life I had in Orlando and move it up here, or vice versa.

I miss knowing what my Friday nights were going to be even before the next week started (Sushi/Movie/Wine night at 735).

I miss being able to call up Painter and say, "Hey, let's go grab a drink...I need to chat."

I miss knowing that at any given moment, I'd be able to have a Rock Band marathon with Trish.

I miss the driving around Winter Park.

I miss Aroma and our Brunches. And I miss sitting all day outside and no one caring that we didn't do ANYTHING.

I even miss working at the golf channel. (i know, crazy)

I miss my morning routine at 735....wake up...make coffee...take a shower...read my email/blogs....hang out at the table and wait til trish gets up to let the dogs out. Figure out what to do for the day (if I'm not working) or head in to work.

I miss the way Florida air smells. And the instant humidity you get as soon as you walk outside (yeah, I know I'm crazy).

I miss the way the sun sets....and the way it rises. So quiet. So calm.

I miss how FLAT everything is. I seriously miss this on my runs...yeah. Yeah I do.

Will I ever move back to Florida? I don't know. I suppose only time will tell. There's so much I could do down there...outside of teaching....I suppose it'll all depend on my situation this time next year.

I just know this morning...I am missing Florida...Orlando....Trish, Painter, Nick, Joey, Simon, Heather, Sav, Debbi....Aroma.....yeah.

No comments: