Friday, November 14, 2008

Pour me something tall and strong, make it a hurricane before I go insane...

It's only half past 12 but I don't care...it's five o'clock somewhere:-)

It's true! Haha - even if it is only 7:43 in the morning.

Lots of things going through my mind today. I was WIDE AWAKE at 6 AM this morning. I consider this an accomplishment because this is the first time all week I've woken up that much earlier than my alarm....last week is was at least an hour or two. So yay for that.

I've got a lot of things on my mind lately. Work. Future. Money. The norm. But really, I'm VERY excited for this upcoming trip home. I can't wait to see my cousins, I can't wait to see my family. My mom finally called yesterday and told me she got the flowers I sent:-) yay. She said she left them at school so everyone could ooo and ahhh at them. Sometimes - I am definitely my mother's daughter. Cause that's exactly what I'd do too! I love flowers. They're just so happy:-) I'm a big flower sender (if I can). It just makes people happy. You know, you send them, they see them, if they're good flowers they last awhile...and people ask...ooo, where'd you get the pretty flowers. It lets other people know someone loves you/cares. Ya know? Maybe it's just me.....but I'm pretty sure it's not.

It's amazing how the littlest things can make us so happy or sad. But it's how we choose to interpret those things that alter our moods entirely. I know - I've been extremely susceptible to this...in the past and now. But the one that make us sublimely happy - are the ones we seem to search for forever...I guess that's why people say, it's the little things that make us happy:-)

My latest "little thing" is something that I've known for awhile with me....but this morning I had a ,"Holy Cow I'm In The Now" moment. Basically, I was in the moment with myself with a complete realization. I sing along with EVERY SONG in my car. It's the days that I don't sing....those are bad. There are certain levels to my car singing too..allow me to interpret (how much of a dork am I?):

Normal/Happy Katie - Singing along with every song that comes on - and if I don't know it - I change it to one I do know:-)
EXTREMELY HAPPY Katie - Singing LOUDLY (possibly obnoxiously) to the music and probably even with the windows down - this is usually only on I-4 but sometimes around town:-)
Bleh Katie - usually finding the right song can put me back to Normal/Happy Katie - but generally - this is when I sing along but totally halfassed and/or try to find someone to call on my ride so I don't have to listen to music
Pissed Off Katie - listening to Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit/Ludacris/DMX - or any heavy rock/rap/metal - oh yeah and Metallica - they're good to release anger.
Beyond Pissed/Worst Day Ever Katie - no music - nothing - driving in complete silence. This one doesn't happen that often - but when it does - it's straight to the gym to release some pent up anger and frustrations.

Hah - wow I'm a weirdo. Well whatever - you don't have to like it - it's my blog:-)

No comments: