Saturday, November 15, 2008

Everything:-)

You're a falling star, You're the get away car.
You're the line in the sand when I go too far.
You're the swimming pool, on an August day.
And you're the perfect thing to say.

And you play it coy, but it's kinda cute.
Ah, When you smile at me you know exactly what you do.
Baby don't pretend, that you don't know it's true.
Cause you can see it when I look at you.

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, You make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

You're a carousel, you're a wishing well,
And you light me up, when you ring my bell.
You're a mystery, you're from outer space,
You're every minute of my everyday.

And I can't believe, uh that I'm your man,
And I get to kiss you baby just because I can.
Whatever comes our way, ah we'll see it through,
And you know that's what our love can do.

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, You make me sing
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

So, La, La, La, La, La, La, La
So, La, La, La, La, La, La, La

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, You make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.
You're every song, and I sing along.
'Cause you're my everything.
Yeah, yeah

So, La, La, La, La, La, La, La
So, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La

~Michael Buble
___________________________________________

Most you know - if not yet, then you do now - the song above - is my favorite song. It always makes me happy, it always makes me smile. It picks me up after a bad day or just starts my day off right when I've woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I know a lot of people think he's a weirdo - but it's not even about the person that sings the song - it's about the words.

I forget when it was, but a few years ago...I actually started listening to the words of songs. Weird right? Yeah - well I've been called worse. I was just listening to music blindly I suppose. Ok maybe it was longer than a few years ago - probably in college....freshman year I figure. Netty was all about lyrics and so I started to really listen to the words that were being said. I guess it was at that time that I started associating songs with people and memories. Again, I know - weird - considering when I was younger I would sing every day in my mom's car. And not that those songs we listened to don't hold some kind of significance or memory with my childhood friends...but still...now I didn't know (at the time) what the words were to the songs we were singing (if that makes any sense).

So where am I going with this? Well....I've been writing this blog for so long - I don't remember if I've written a post that relates songs with people I know/memories...but it got me thinking....I wonder how many songs really remind me of people? At the time of the song - it takes you to a certain place and memory but at the moment the songs escape me....

I guess I should listen to my music?

I think the other thing that amazes me is how I remember the lyrics to these songs. It's not even like I struggle to remember the words....I just...know them. And the fact that my memories with these songs are SO vivid. Like I remember exactly everything. Weird right?

Hrmm...I won't go into details but rather just who it reminds me of.

I guess I should start with the obvious:
~Amazed by Lonestar - We all know who this reminds me of. And that pretty much goes for any STP song too.
~Any Tom Jones song - reminds me of Ryan Schuiling - haha - greatest hits CD that he burned for me:-) LOL - he is like the epitome of Tom Jones haha - minus the flock of ladies following him around him. HAHA - Rydog Jones - :-) Awww I miss grad school.
~Any Dave Matthews Song - with exception of one - Simon - for obvious reasons - obsess much?:-)
~Phil Collins: Against All Odds and The Beatles: We Can Work It Out - I always ALWAYS think of my parents for these songs. I remember both of these songs playing at concerts and being with my parents in the ending days of their marriage. I think these songs really and truly made me realize that they were done. It was pretty hard for me.
~Any Janet Jackson Song/Paula Abdul Song - Rachel and I making up our dances by the side of my house "just for fun" - haha - wow - not to self - burn tape dad has of me dancing when I was 10.
~Billy Joel/Elton John/Madonna/St. Peppers Album - Fur and the red convertible (my mom's) - the drives to my grandmom's house every day in the summer(s) between the ages of 10 and 14.
~So Fresh, So Clean - David Jeffrey Bone - haha - it was his ring tone for the two years I was in grad school:-) haha - aww david....so young...
~Long and Winding Road: The Beatles - my mom - it was her HS prom song - I'll never forget her telling me that and the fact that I realized how old my mom was:-) haha
~Down On The Corner: CCR - this old little tape player - I forget what they were called but they were like mini 8 tracks - and the group that sang it wasn't CCR but I just remember using that thing ALL the time.
~Girls Lie Too: Terri Clark - my second year at grad school - I hung out with a lot of country kids that summer - yeah - wow
~My Happy Ending: Avril Lavigne - Sitting in my Acura at the corner of Bellfield Road and Mission at the light across from the Gas Station and the Kroger shopping center and thinking about all the things that had gone wrong to that point in my life.
~The Anthem: Good Charlotte - working out at the gym at LaSalle on a rainy day when I was THE ONLY one there - right after my AM classes in the Comm center.
~Sell Out: Reel Big Fish - Chella and I at all our RBF concerts and the guys we'd meet there - haha SEAN! - skank circles (not what you think!) - and milano cookies from WAWA at 11PM - awwww I miss high school!
~Call and Answer: Barenaked Ladies - Allan - despite all the crap that went down. He was there when I really needed someone - and would still be in a heartbeat.
~Millenium: Robbie Williams - HAHA! OMG this reminds me of watching VH1 videos in the morning before I left to walk to HS/Drive to HS. OMGoodness. wow. just wow.
~Any Garth Brooks Song - His concert that was FREAKING AMAZING - in high school with my sister and her bff Tara - 3 hour performance - totally rockin! I was a fan for life after that.
~Teenage Dirtbag: Wheatus - there was this guy, Ray, on our swim team in college - he was like OBSESSED with this song - and it kind of described him to a tee too. Haha - wow - Albright Swimming! Simply Shocking!
~It's My Life: Jon Bon Jovi - Senior Year at LaSalle. After derek and I broke up - I listened to this song A LOT - especially when I was working out.
~Love Story:Taylor Swift - :-) Awwww - Bennie - mainly because he really likes it - and every time I hear it I think of him listening to it:-)
~Pippin - TJ - senior week - him breaking his wrist - us watching it while icing his hand. Awww college.
~Sunday Bloody Sunday: U2 - well really any U2 song - My dad - for obvious reasons - if you don't understand this you don't know me all that well.
~Closer: NIN - Kelly actually, because I remember driving home from Lifeguarding one day and she like blasted this song - she was having a bad day - but - still - weird association
~Won't Get Fooled Again: The Who - Memorial Day BBQ'S!!!!!!
~Any Indigo Girls Song - The swamp ophelia tour concert I went with my dad, jo and kelly. It was our first concert together and our first "family" moment. I cry every time I hear Galileo.


Alright I figure thats enough for now:-) If you're still reading - thanks for stickin it out!

No comments: