Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Every long lost dream led me to where you are....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

Now I'm just rolling home
Into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you.

~ Rascal Flatts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has been an AMAZING trip home so far. Seriously people. I think it's by far and away one of, if not, THE best trip I've had home in a long LONG time. And I've certainly had some doozies:-)

So let's see, where do I begin?

Well....my surprise was SO successful:-) I kind of pride myself on being a good surpriser - and sure enough - I did my job again:-) He was so surprised.....definitely caught off guard to say the least:-) And the first meeting, was amazing. It was as if we'd been like that all the time. It was awesome. I think....well....I hate to jinx it but...it's good:-) I'm happy - and I haven't been this happy in a long time....

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy with my life. I have an amazing life. I'm lucky that the events of my life have gotten me to this point. I have an awesome job....kickass friends...I live in the sunshine state...and I am healthy...well. .....for the most part. I'll get to that.

Other awesome things since I've been home - I've spent time with both Netty and Jacks. Lunch and a movie with Netster and and Breakfast and Dinner with Jacks for her Bday! We're all going out this coming Saturday to celebrate accordingly:-) I was just telling her the other night - I can't believe we've been best friends in Junior year of high school! I am so thankful for it - for her - the friendship we have - -and everything that goes along with it. It's important to have friends you can talk to the way we talk to each other:-) Haha - even at 7AM ;-) LOL! I love my friends:-)

I've also spent some time with my grandmom - which was pretty cool actually. In the last few years - I've purposely told myself that I want to be an ACTIVE part of my grandparents lives. I love them very much. Kelly and I were the first grandkids. We kind of got spoiled because the next grandkids weren't born until I was 9. So we had them all to ourselves for awhile. I also think it's pretty important to get to know the people who knew you when you were younger. I honestly believe they can keep you grounded and not lose sight of who you are and what your aspirations SHOULD be versus what you want them to be. I don't mean to stop dreaming for high aspirations but some times people get SO caught up in "things" and "materials" that they forget to BE. I WANT to know my grandparents. I want to hear stories about their lives. I think they're pretty cool people. I only wish I had started earlier. I just know that I don't want to be one of those relatives that ends up at the funeral (god forbid) and not know anything about them. I want to be able to remember my grandparents for who they are/were. Which, is....pretty cool people...even if Z is pretty stubborn.

So I spent some time with gamma - and I've spent more time with Ben than I thought I would - but - to be honest - I like it - I don't think I would if I didn't like it. It's just - I said something the other day when I was on the phone with him about "coming home" after doing a few things...and it was in reference to his apartment. I guess my subconscious agrees that it feels just like that when I'm with him. It's amazing how good it feels. Word don't even do it justice. We also went to the zoo! I haven't been to the zoo in years! We saw PENGIES!:-) yay!:-D

My Race!!!! ZOMGOODNESS!! BEST RACE EVER! I am SO doing it again next year! And I already signed up for my next one - Disney Princess Half Marathon in March. I am stoked for it. I really did like the Philly Half though - maybe next year I'll be ready for a full??? We'll see. But I'm definitely looking at some cool places to run next year. There's this awesome Half in london - Royal Parks Run - It runs all through the Parks in london - I am hoping I get picked - I put my name in for registration so here's hoping! Cross your fingers for me! I also looked at one in Kauai, Hawaii for next September...but that might be a bit much as far as money and stuff - it'd be nice to go with someone - but everything is pretty expensive - so we'll see. ANYWAY! Back to THIS race - I dropped my time by 10 Minutes! My goal is still to get until 2 hours at some point - maybe I can get close in March. Eventually - I would like to do a Marathon - and finish in under 4 hours - if I can finish the half in under 2 I should be able to finish the Full in under 4 right? Suuuuuuure ha:-)

What else? Oh - health wise - well the dr here seems to think I have Acute IBD - which is just awesome. My tummy's been really weird since I've been home. Haven't been able to eat normally in weeks. I still have some issues with it all - but I have to get a colonoscopy when I come back home for Xmas time. awesome. yeah. But - it's to make sure nothing else is wrong with me..cause a lot of my symptoms are also symptoms for something worse (yikes - and I'm not going to write it - you can do the research yourself). Anyway - I'm trying to stay positive. I AM A HEALTHY AND HAPPY INDIVIDUAL! :-D

As for Turkey Day - I'm heading up to Ben's house for the holiday! !!!!!!! I know! I'm pretty flattered that he wants his parents to meet me. It's been a long time since I've met anyone's parents - ok - a guy's parents. I'm not gonna lie people - I'm nervous. I'm sure I'll be fine but, you know...you never know.

OH! Side note - so awhile ago I did something to help out Derek.....told him to give me a call when he was home for the holiday (this past week)...found out why he didn't. Haha. He had his girlfriend with him. It's cool. I'm sure he didn't want her to feel weird or inferior or anything:-) haha. I mean - I am pretty awesome. lol:-) No just kidding...............but not really:-) haha

alrighty - I think that's long enough of a diatribe for right now. I'm sure there'll be more in a day or two.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE!

No comments: