Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm gonna try something....

and it might sound a bit crazy...because as soon as you all read this you'll be like...what!!!!????

For 1 month - I'm not going to drink any kind of alcohol.

Yes, I know the playoffs start today. Yes, I know there's a lot of stuff going on in October that would suggest having a beer or two.....and I even went and bought some wine the other night.

Ok, maybe I'll just drink wine. At home. On occasion. But honestly - I workout so hard that drinking kind of just negates everything I do and it's starting to piss me off.

For example, yesterday I ran 13.5 miles. I had 5 beers last night. There goes that calorie burn. Seriously. Now don't get me wrong, I don't run for the calorie burn - that's just a bonus. But honestly - I am not doing myself any favors by drinking.

It's just a thought. I'm gonna see how far I get this month without drinking....

1 comment:

Jon Painter said...

I will do it with you... (starting oct 2) I've been drinking way too much lately.