Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Love that movie!

Evey Hammond: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

Seriously, V for Vendetta is a great movie. I wish more people knew it...and if you do (Painter, I know you do)...you're one of the lucky ones! It was on TV last night and amongst my channel surfing (now that I live on my own I can flip back and forth as much as I want!) I stopped upon V for Vendetta and flipped back and forth between that and....wait for it....Stick It. Yes, the adolescent motion picture about gymnasts. Don't judge me.

On a related note - I was recently asked why I've chosen to leave some things off my blog - i.e. stuff about guys - and I simply said to the person that it's mainly because when I write stuff here it's to basically journal but because people are reading it - a sense of judgement can come out based on what they're reading and rather than be judged for something that usually in my opinion isn't worthy of being judged for, I'm leaving it out. I find the older I get, the more difficult it becomes for me to tell things to people and even my friends without them judging me in the back of their minds. Sad but true. You don't expect your friends to judge you - you expect them to accept you for all your wonderful qualities and your shortcomings too. No one is perfect....there's some quote somewhere that says, "judge not lest ye be judged" - from the bible I think?

But back to the top quote(s)....I've been pondering who I am lately and what it is I hope to continue to be. Right now, I'm a graduate student who's got a million and one things going on. I feel as though I'm too old for this shit sometimes. I can't wait to have a normal job again. Possibly odd to some but true. Right now, I'm stressed so I've been forgetting things. I'm trying to make lists so I don't forget but you know how that goes...I forget to put things on my list! Ha. I'm also trying to make money every which way.

I have a long list of things to accomplish before the end of this month....time to get started!

1 comment:

Jon Painter said...

I have to acknowledge the shout out!