Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Tiredness

The current theme of my life. Tiredness.

It all started last Friday night and I guess I haven't completely recovered. Friday night I went out to Happy Hour with my friend Heather...we went to 333 Belrose, then Mixx, then Hykel's, and then John Henry's. Heather was kind enough to cover all the bills for the evening...nice friend, huh? She assured me that it was entirely okay and that once I had a real job, I could pay her back. I don't like doing that too often but it was nice of her and she's superawesomesauce so it was hard for me to say no. Plus, it was bound to be a fun night. AND. IT. WAS. Esp since I drank 5 glasses of wine..and then water. Lots of water.

See, remember that swim conference I told you about? Yeah, I still had to get to bed early enough that night so I would be okay the rest of the weekend. And although I was in bed by 11pm - I think the fact that Martha stopped by and I was already tired from the previous week...it all caught up to me. I felt and looked like crapola for the whole weekend of the conference. Didn't matter to me. I was there to learn. I have no one to impress. So after not working out all day Saturday and feeling like poop I decided (as you know from a previous post) to get up early on Sunday and run. And I did. At 5 AM. I'm crazy.

The run was less than spectacular and I only made it through 3.55 miles (which you know). And I headed to the conference feeling better but realizing that the wind that was blowing in my eyes that morning caused some major irritations....soooooo...I had puffy eyes the rest of the day. Ugh. I couldn't win. I got out of there relatively early that day. I got to go home and hang out a bit and just relax. I had to go house sit for Will and Gus so I ended up going to bed at 9PM but didn't fall asleep at 10 instead. The freakin' dogs were annoying the bejesus out of me and woke me up three times Sunday night so I didn't get a good night sleep. Had to get up at 6 to get Gus and Will off to school.

Monday I taught spin and after I got home and made some lunch, I attempted to read some of my book for my Lit class - I ended up taking a 2 hour nap instead. I was still tired. I went to bed early again Monday but woke up earlier on Tuesday. The 20 mile run became a 9 mile run. Last night I attempted to go to bed early but still didn't fall asleep til 11. Woke up at 6:30 today and taught spin. Felt tired from the getgo but Spin made me feel better. I had a full day but after I sat to read for three hours - I was ready for a nap. The dentist appointment I had didn't let me sleep and I had practice tonight.

I've got a full few more days through the weekend and it doesn't stop next week either. Something every day/night next week. Whew. Did you get all that?

No comments: