Sunday, October 16, 2011

early morning drabble....and other nonsensical stuff

redundant, no?

A few items before I venture off to Cherry Hill on this brisk Sunday morning. How do I know? Funny you should ask....I decided that I'm JUST crazy enough to get up at 5am and go for a run. Albeit - it was only 3.55 miles...but it was more than I thought I'd do all weekend. Truth be told - I'm supposed to be running a Half Marathon today in Hershey with my trusty running partner Beth Any...but because of the swim clinic/conference (and it's kind of part of my job)...I'm missing it. I'm bummed! Honestly - it's fine - Martha decided to stop by this morning so I wasn't really feelin it...hence only the 3.55 miles....but I digress....

In random yet sequential order (and solely sequential because I've numbered them....gosh aren't I quite the nerd at 6:36am)....

1. I've decided to start fresh with my eating/drinking/exercising habits. My friend heather and I decided that after Friday night...it's time to 'go on the wagon' so to speak. She suggested two weeks - I said - 'how about until for a long time'? She said that's even better. You see....my wallet...it loves me. But it loves me because I keep using it. I. However. Do not love it. Yes it's pink and cute and from Fossil. But those are materialistic things. So are it's contents for that matter - with the exception of my drivers license (because that's necessary), insurance card and car registration. All very important. I felt like crappity crap all day yesterday and even though part of it was because of the impending arrival of Martha....I just don't want to feel like that.

2. Another big reason I only did 3.55 today was because on Thursday when I ran, my left shin on the side of my leg just above my ankle started to really bother me. Today when I ran I wore different sneakers...but usually when anything on my legs hurt when I run it's because I need new sneaks. That being said - I'm up to 950 miles for the year so far. Only 250 to go! I can do it! Esp since I have a marathon in there and the training for the marathon. December might be a bit tougher since I'll probably do most of my running inside but - I can do it! 1200 miles on the year, here I come! Next year I won't be able to accomplish that many because I'll have to alter my workouts - but more on that later.

3. Met Ryan Lochte and Nathan Adrian yesterday. Who's Ryan Lochte and Nathan Adrian?! Kill Yourself....(does anyone get that reference?...no? If you don't watch Glee you won't get it.)...
Ryan Lochte

Nathan Adrian


Together


ANNNNNND you're welcome....

You can be jealous now :-)

So pumped to see them again today!

4. While I was at the swim clinic yesterday, I decided - as much as it'll be to take on - I'm going to start a blog/site for the girls/boys team(s) this year and continue it. I think it'd be a good way for them to get information about things and it'll eliminate too many emails.

5. Getting lots of good tips/ideas from the clinic. There a few sessions this morning I'm pumped to hear about. The most interesting one yesterday was on sports psychology. I might buy some of the guy's stuff either today or online to help me with the team this year. I want to take a different approach.

6. I'm house sitting starting tonight thru Tuesday evening. I'm gonna be tired all week. I'm not doing anything (if at all) until Friday. I might try to pick up Friday coaching shift and possibly even Saturday morning - we'll see. One of the coaches is going away so I might try to take it up from her.

7. I need to finish my USSC certification.

8. I need to look into getting my training certification.

9. I have to call the Y and LA Fitness back about adding some more spin classes.

10. I have to read A Wrinkle in Time for my YA Lit class this week. I've never read it. It's science fiction, no? Apparently we're also going to watch parts of the movie too.

11. I think I'm picking The Book Thief for my outside reading for that class. Anyone know if it's good or not? I was gonna do the Hunger Games but turns out everyone else wants to do that too. Besides, why not pick a book I haven't read yet?

Anywho gotta grab something to eat and then head out! Yay! Informative Swim Meetings and HOT SWIMMERS!

No comments: