Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Confession(s) Time...

Remember that 20 mile run I wanted to get in today (Tuesday)?
Confession: It didn't happen. Well. The run still happened. I finished 9 miles. Huffing and Puffing. I guess that's what happens when you step away from running for five days....eek! And I thought I was doing myself a favor! I just couldn't keep my heart rate under control and my breathing was all wacky. I don't know what was up with me but I should've known to postpone my run when my green iPod wasn't working. Then I had to switch to my purple iPod which is tempermental. THEN my garmin was like...what's this shizzz...we're running today? Oh hell no. Thankgoodness I got that to reset and work. I even had my camelback all juiced up and ready to go. And then..the first half mile went so quickly. I thought maybe I just had too much bottled up energy and I went out too fast. I did finish half a mile in 3 minutes (song time)....sooooo, yeah. But I kept going anyway - despite the heart palpatations. You'dve thought I was out of shape...eek.

I have been feeling lethargic this week - maybe that's the two days off. Maybe it's Martha (most likely). I just hope in a month from now when I have the Marathon, I'm not dealing with this! UGH.

Confession: When I get stressed, I like to make lists - calendars - organize everything. I worry a lot about forgetting things when I'm stressed because that's the FIRST sign you're stressed out...forgetting things. As of right now, I haven't forgotten too much. Why? Because I write it all down. You better believe as of right now not only do I have a planner - but I have a re-written schedule - then a list of things for the week - then a list of things each day - then a list of things I'm doing each day of the week. Yup. I told ya.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned my OCD-edness on here before. Yes? I have OCD about organization of my schedule/lists/things. Sometimes - sometimes I do just let it go. But after about a week, I get that itch again. On my way home from Baldwin last night I started thinking about how much stuff I have to do in the next two and a half months. So I made a list. I've also since revised the list.

In the months after the new year, I'll have a slew of new things on the list.

I won't bore you with my list right now - but honestly - I make these lists and then lately, I've been slackin on finishing them. I don't know why. I guess I'm a laid back organized person? Like I don't have the same urgency to get certain things finished. I know I'll get them done. I don't leave it to the last minute, I just don't do it right away. This little habit irks my mother to no end. She doesn't understand why I hesitate to do things. Part of me waits on some things becuse ocassionally things will change and it was better that I waited. All-in-all though, I'm never one of those girls that waits to the last minute to pay a bill or call someone. Atleast, I don't think I am.

Confession: I found Jenna Marbles Blog via a friend on Facebook after watching This Video. O. M. G. It is seriously funny. This chick is awesome and yet somewhat obnoxious but I have to agree with her while confessing that I have had a few of the moments she talks about. :-/ EEK. Told ya it was confession time.

Confession: I've been house sitting for Gus and Will since Sunday. I'm finished as of today but I just love watching these boys. They're hilariously funny and they make me laugh. I hope I have kids just like them one day - but mine will assuredly clean up after themselves.

Confession: I am counting down the days til Swim Season starts! I CAN NOT WAIT! I love coaching (as you all know) and this season has a lot of great things in it to look forward to. I'm meeting with my captains on Thursday.

Confession: I feel like I've been a terrible friend lately. I don't call anyone anymore. I don't even text anyone really. I guess I'm going through kind of a funk. Eh.

On the UPSWING!
As upset as I was about only getting in 9 miles today - it was 9 miles more than I had run the day before!

As stressed as I am right now, things are looking up :-) And there are a lot of good things coming my way in the next two months.

I love finding ridiculous videos on the internets to make me laugh.

My being a bad friend won't continue. Everyone gets busy. Atleast, I hope my friends don't just get mad at me now because I haven't contacted anyone. I guess if they're true friends, they'll understand....

No comments: