Tuesday, August 30, 2011

All my bags are packed...

I'm ready to go!.....

I'm moving! I'm moving! I'M MOVING! yay! :-D

Here' is where I am moving:


View Larger Map

I'm so pumped I can't even describe. Of course the actual leading up to the move is kind of nerve-wracking. I feel so disorganized plus I am worried that the people I have helping me move will somehow back out on me (by no fault of their own - one of their family members is sick and could possibly pass away in the new few days). I keep thinking to myself, it's not that much stuff, it's not that much stuff - but then I remember that I'm using all of my sisters old furniture - of which I went to our storage space yesterday and rearragned so it would be easier to get it out come Saturday. What I am hoping for is to move a lot of smaller things on Friday so that on Saturday I just have the big things: Couch, Chair(s), Table(s), Sofa, Bed, etc. Of course all that moving I did yesterday has kind of made my back feel like an 80 year old man. I took some advil and plan on running in about an hour or so - I haven't run since Saturday so it should feel good to stretch my legs a bit. But I can't wait!

I have a lot to do before then but in the mean time I have a story to tell all of you (all 7 of you that read this, haha).

So I went to the Phillies game on Friday night with my sister. Unfortunately the Phillies lost but they were attempting a good comeback. However, the phils and their loss has nothing to do with this story. In fact, what I'm about to tell you could've happened anywhere.

As Kelly and I were looking for our seats, we ran into my eye doctor and his wife - who also happen to be old friends because I used to be best friends with her daughter (who's birthday is the day after mine and when she'd have birthday parties they were almost always on the date of my birthday so they would always have a separate cake for me - how nice, right? Ah childhood memories). So we start chatting with Linda and Scott and eventually leads to talking about how a friend of mine from high school is coming home for 3 weeks in October - which is fantastic news because he lives in Hawaii and I never get to see him or really talk to him. But I digress, Linda turns to me and says:

"You know why he's coming home then, right? And for that long, right?"
To which I say, "I'm guessing because his mom wants him to be home? I don't know."
Linda: "Well that and...Anne had to convince him to come home because you know, that's when Derek is getting married." And then she kept talking about Penn State and how the girl wasn't local so the wedding wasn't local...blah blah blah. I kind of started listening...until she said:

"He was the one that got away...or something...right"......so which I replied...."no, but he was a serious boyfriend of mine."

She must've seen my facial expression (which was pretty annoyed - and I'll tell you why in a few lines) because she said, "oh but you're over him...right? You don't care about that - that was so long ago."

I replied with, "Of course I'm over him but I really could've done without knowing that information..........of course he's the one that is missing out, you know?" To which she promptly replied, "Well of course." Which was hardly sincere but you get my point.

I've mentioned Derek on this blog a few times before - for whatever reason (hurt from love, having a hard time trusting guys, keeping my distance....whatever) - and when I found out he was engaged to 'she who shall not be named' I defriended him in all areas of my life. I no longer have his phone number, his facebook is completely blocked and even if he were to find me (which would be difficult) he couldn't friend me. I've also deleted his email address. I just knew that I didn't want to have any part of his life anymore and I DEFINITELY didn't want him to be a part of mine. Some of you might have noticed I changed my name on Facebook - it's for that reason and for the reasons that I don't want the school districts to go searching for my FB stuff so they can try to dig up some dirt on me...even though there isn't any - but tangent aside, I have to say, I was kind of thrown for a loop when Linda told me.

I knew he was getting married - I knew it was inevitable and I knew it was probably happening soon if not already. But I didn't want to know - I just didn't want to know anything else about him. That's why I took all of the above actions! I guess the universe has a funny way of making you realize that you have no control over that stuff. But anyway - until the game started, I was kind of unsure to what think. I was texting my friend Matt and told him what happened. I'm not sure why but I always think of things between Derek and I, now, as a competition....and somehow - he's won all of them. I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENS!? And I know life isn't a competition and I'm the only one doing that to myself, but really? REALLY. That's a whole other tangent I could go off on but if I did many of you would think I'm still hung up on him - trust me, I'm not. It just irks me that someone had to tell me. I know I would've found out sooner or later but I was COMPLETELY FINE with that being later instead of Friday night when I was having a good time with my sister.

Luckily, the game distracted me pretty well and I didn't think about it the rest of the night. I thought about it briefly on Saturday morning while I was on my run but since then, with the exception of this post, nada. I honestly don't care at all. I don't want to know about him and I don't want him to know about me.

All that being said - I hope he has a great life and gets everything he deserves.

As for me - I'm moving!!! DID YOU FORGET!? I didn't :-D So much to look forward to this school year:
New apartment
Swim team(s)
New adventures of living alone!
Playoff baseball
Teaching Spinning close to my apartment
Lacrosse Season
Student Teaching!
Trying to get a job

Speaking of those things I'm looking forward to, expect a list of goals shortly after I move into my new place. I want to set some parameters for myself for the next 11 months (yeah, the lease is 11 months but I'll most likely be there for longer :-)!)

No comments: