Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Doctors, Lunches, and Cemetery's

In no particular order.

Those all relate to each other because I've been to or done all those things in the last week and a half.

Last Monday I got an email from my sister asking me to meet her at the doctor's that afternoon. Her physical health, while it could be better, is fine...it's her emotional health. Without getting into too much detail - things have since subsided but are still pretty prevalent. Let's just say she's working on it and to be honest this is 20 years in the making. She's needed to do this a long time ago. While I am worried about her I know this is something she has to do on her own. I'm just glad she's taking the right steps. I plan on helping her in any way I can and with whatever she needs.

This Monday (two days ago) would've been Rachel's 33rd Birthday. I visited her at the cemetery. It was the first time in over a year I've been to her grave. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't go a lot but other times I know she's always with me. It might be weird to hear someone say it outloud but I truly believe that she's looking over me and keeping me in check. In the moments I find myself struggling, there is usually a sense of calm that comes over me. I believe it's her. I miss her a lot. I can't believe it's been 2 years since she left us. Still weird.

I went to lunch with a professor on Monday (before the cemetery) and it was a really refreshing situation. He's definitely someone to keep in touch with - he has a lot of contacts in the Education community and I think a good friend. He's a licensed psychologist - which is maybe why I feel so balanced now :-) haha. But truly a good guy. I'm also going to lunch with another (different) professor tomorrow. It'll be good to see him too. Another good person to keep in touch with - he also has some good contacts in the education field. I'm hoping he has a few leads for me as far as ways to make some extra income.

Elsewhere - some good changes coming around the bend.....I can't wait to tell y'all all about it! I just don't want to jinx it so I'll be telling everyone soon :-)

No comments: