Saturday, August 6, 2011

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful....

That's the kind of morning it is today in PA. It's finally less humid (although there are expected showers later today and definitely tomorrow), it's breezy, and it looks like it's going to be a b-e-a-utiful day :-). I hope it stays that way for my run I have planned.

A few tidbits of what's been new in the world of Katie (see, lots of catching up to do, I missed blogging for a month!).

At Cabrini:
We have a new Dean. She's nice. I helped hire her infact. But I still haven't decided if she's overly nice to the point where it's fake or if she's really like that. It's kind of annoying. Although I don't have much interaction with her, the one change that's happened since she's taken over is that I can't be on any kind of chat :-( Which means I can't talk to anyone at work when I'm bored except everyone else there who are also working a lot because they "need their job" so they're making themselves look busy. Bleh.

Exercise-wise:
I'm officially just over 700 miles on the year. Yeah! It didn't come without difficulty. I was really slackin' at the end of last month so I was forced to run 30 miles in one week - which is A LOT for me - maybe not for others but definitely a lot for me. This week I'm at 16 and with a (hopefully) 8 mile run today, I'll get my projected 24. I'm still teaching spinning - trying to get more classes now that I have all this free time (plus it's money). I tried some of the P90X workouts - I think I mentioned that I was disappointed by them - but I think I'll probably do it once my race season is over anyway. I did like the different workouts. I've been thinking about adding two a days maybe two times a week. I'm really slackin' on good eating too. I'm kind of just putting everything in my mouth that looks good to eat. I need to get back on that wagon too.

Emotionally:
I'm actually pretty good. Things at home are whatever. I'm working on getting out of the house. I'm working on taking out a loan to pay for student teaching so I can use my money to move out. I realize it puts a lot of eggs in one basket but a good friend told me if I don't do what's right for my emotional well-being then it won't matter how many other great things I'm doing in my life. It's true. I always worry about money and whether or not I'll have it. I think part of my emotional health with increase once I actually have myself completely organized.

I worry about my family - specifically my mom and sister. They're both just so emotionally sad and depressed. It's hard to live in an environment like that - hence my desire to move out and live on my own. I have a lead. But as I said before, I'll let you all know when I've made the decision. There are a lot of benefits and bonuses to me doing this....another post for another time.

Personally:
And by personally I mean with guys :-) - haha - nothing really happening here. It's to be expected. The one guy I'm truly interested in isn't even in the country. He won't be back until the 19th. That being said - I'm certainly not waiting for him - but I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't hoping....obviously if something develops....well...I might share it with you ;-) For now though, I'm actually pretty okay with nothing going on in that part of my life. Does it make it hard because all of my friends are either married or dating someone? Sometimes but not always. My friend Lacey tells me sometimes she's jealous that I'm single and she's married with two kids. She remembers the freedom you have being single and the fun you can have. That's all true. I guess you always want what you don't have.....

But I will say this....if one more person tells me..."don't worry you have plenty of time"...or someone else tells me, "don't wait too long to have kids".....I'm going to punch them in the face. No. Really. I am. I'm SO tired of hearing this. Do they understand how long I've really been TRULY single? Do they?! I haven't had a serious boyfriend since 2003 and to be honest - it was probably before that because things went to shit between Derek and Me long before we broke up (although that Christmas was a pretty good one...but I digress). That's 8 years. 8 YEARS! Yes. I dated ben for a few months but let's get real here, that wasn't a serious relationship. I'm tired of being single. I'm TIRED of meeting a guy and thinking, "he could be the one" after one date. Have I told you the story about the guy that's away for the summer? The one I'm 'hoping' for? no?

A shortened part of the story - he actually asked me if I would still be single when he got back and then quickly said I'd probably be dating someone.....to which I replied...do you know the story of my life? Do you know my history with guys? Haha! I just laughed at him. And I'm not sitting here typing all this for a pity party - cause I'm not pitying myself. Seriously - I'm just realistic. I've learned to not get my hopes up at all when it comes to a guy I like or find interesting anymore. It's not sad - it's just realistic. It's a pattern. It goes as follows:
1. I meet the guy and we go out.
2. We have a GREAT time and he likes me - I like him. We agree to see each other again.
3. We go out a few more times (maybe 2 or 3) and our conversations start to get a bit more serious about what we're looking for, etc. (side note - I NEVER bring up the serious stuff...it's always the guy...I've learned to keep things light - always!).
4. I'll call or text the guy and responses get farther and farther apart until eventually I decide that I won't call him anymore until he calls me.
5. I never hear from them.

I will admit - I've been on the other side of this. I've definitely done this to guys I lose interest in so I'm not saying it's always the guy.

I guess it's like Bono says, "but I still haven't found what I'm looking for...."

I really am okay with it though. And I'm not just saying that to make it seem like I'm okay with it. I am. I promise y'all :-)

No comments: