Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lack of Motivation

Haha - I've already fallen off the wagon! My last post was Monday...it's um....Thursday. :-) Sorry people! I just...I got busy doing nothing :-D Hehe.

So what've I been doing this week? Well, Monday I went for a glorious 7 mile run....on the treadmill. Yuck. But it still felt great. I always run slower on the treadmill than I do outside. Not sure what that's all about since everyone I talk to tells me they can run faster inside than out. Not me. I'm just a weirdo :-) After that I finished my paper for my class that night and did some other errands. Monday we had class for all of 10 minutes until the electricity went out in the building. Woot! So we got to leave early :-)

Tuesday I taught a spin class in Bala Cynwyd (Painter - it's pronounced "kin - wood" - it's Welsh). It was the class that used to be mine (that and the Thursday class). Most of the people that came back in were like, "welcome back, are you back for good?!" and it made me feel really good :-) It was nice to know I was missed. It was a really good class too. I'm teaching the same set tomorrow in East Norriton. I'll probably add one more song since the music finished with like 6 minutes before the class was supposed to be over...but I digress. Then I went to Cabrini and worked there til about 3:30. I met up with Paul afterwards and we went out for dinner at Rock Bottom. Then....mini golfing. Let's just say...Paul is the new Sergio Garcia. Haha :-) It was still fun. I'm just a sore loser :-)

Wednesday I went for a run outside because there was a lot less humidity - 5 miles. I felt pretty good but slow. Turns out I was only going 8:44/mile. Slower for me but I guess my legs were tired so I'll chalk it up to that. I then headed over to Mermaid to drop off the awards and such. I also had a swim lesson - which we JUST got in before the rain. I was supposed to teach another lesson after that but the rain made it impossible so we rescheduled. It's nice to have a little extra income in that way that'll will most likely continue through the school year. I then proceeded home and watched the Phils sweep the Rockies! yeah baby! Then headed to my last class of the summer! Yay! We were there for all of 15 minutes. I met up with Brian after class since he was pretty persistent in hanging out (seriously, atleast once every three or four days). Had a few beers and some munchies....caught up a bit and then headed home. It was pouring last night - so nice to listen to on the roof. Isn't that the best? When you can hear the rain fall? Yes, I knew you'd agree :-)

Today I'm amping myself up for a run then I have to go back to Mermaid to drop off the present the coaches got our head guard to thank him for helping us this summer. Seriously, he was a huge help. Then I'm heading out to Cabrini then I'm stopping by my dad's. He had foot surgery a few weeks ago so he's been sitting on his butt for three weeks. Hopefully he'll get the stitches out tomorrow and be able to go to back to work at some point. I know he's bored out of his mind. I feel badly that I'm so busy but I know he understands.

This weekend, until Wednesday, I'm house sitting for one of my swimmers. I'm kind of excited to be alone and away from everyone this weekend. I plan on reading a LOT and plan on going on a nice long run on Saturday (as long as the weather holds up). I'm also meeting up with my swim team captains to discuss this year's team and expectations, so I'm pretty excited about that too. The jury is still out if I'm going to go out on Friday - Saturday I won't because I'm teaching spin on Sunday morning (hopefully cute Nathan will be there).

Anyway - I'm off to go run :-)

No comments: