Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I make lists...it's what I do.

A little while ago, I wrote this post about things of which I am certain.

Yesterday as I was getting my five miles in on the treadmill, I started to think about the things I believe:

I believe you can will yourself happy or sad....same goes for being healthy and sick.
I believe, sometimes, life is a lot less complicated than we think it is.
Sometimes, I really believe, I'm adopted.
Despite not being super religious - I truly believe God only gives us obstacles in which he knows we can overcome. He knows a strength in us that no one else does.
I believe in people...and their faith in each other. Despite how many people do bad things to each other - I still genuinely believe people can be good at heart.

As another mental thought I've been having in the last few weeks - since I've started coaching - I'm learning a LOT about myself and the girls. To name a few:

-I thought I was outgoing in high school....these girls I have on my team put me to shame.
-My swimmers are definitely NOT afraid to be themselves - no matter where they are.
-Being myself goes a long way with them.
-Having them understand that they should be proud of themselves is actually happening! I'm so excited about this.
-They want to gossip with me about everything, including boys....and why I am single or what kind of guy I want to marry. ha!
[[Sidenote: Yesterday, one of my girls actually asked me if I was related to the Harriton Head Coach. I told her, um, no...why? do we look alike? And she said,...no, I was just wondering. And she then proceeded to say, Are you dating him? You should date him? Do you like him? We'll work on that for you? - all in one fair swoop. I was like...ummm, no we're not dating...and if you think you can do that...go for it. I just couldn't help but laugh. Apparently she thinks we'd be cute together. Haha]]
-Swimming in high school is a BLAST!
-All my girls are top notch ladies - I'm so lucky to have them!


So there's a few lists this morning - nothing huge...but wanted to share them. I'm sure they'll continue to grow as the weeks/months/years go on...but I'll be sure to update the Swim Team List :-)

No comments: