Thursday, September 23, 2010

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. ~ J.K. Rowling

The Things of Which I am Certain:

- I will always want to exercise, even on days I CHOOSE to take off.
- If there is a cloud in the sky, my mother will undoubtedly say, “It looks like it’s going to rain”
- The office will always be my favorite tv show (yes, even when it’s over).
- My theory – People who do not like The Office are not smart to get the humor.
- Music will always have the ability to affect my mood.
- I have a strong desire to leave it all behind and travel. Forget the consequences and just GO.
- Good Music should evoke some kind of emotion.
- Don’t make plans for your life, they will just go topsy-turvy the minute you attempt to put those plans in action.
- Life has a funny way of balancing things out.
- The friends you had when you were younger are the ones you need to hold on to for your future. They’re the ones that will ground you when you’ve gone too far above the clouds.
- The friends you make when you’re older will undoubtedly be the ones you will know the best because you’ll know yourself the best at this time.
- College is a time for fun and freedom – regardless of whether it feels like you’re held back. Just go. Do. Be. Live.
- Kindness is a fashion trend that never goes out of style.
- I will ALWAYS have to work on my patience.
- I will work continuously to NOT be like my mother.
- I will work continuously to be like my mother.
- I will work continuously to be my own person.
- You know that saying, “do your best” – some days, I know I don’t.
- I like sex.
- I love kissing. But hugs are the epitome of affection. The proper hug can make you rejoice and/or well up tears of sadness in milliseconds.
- It is never a bad idea to reflect on your life to try to figure out who you are and what you want.
- Two glasses of wine gets me drunk (even if I have eaten).
- Three beers gets me buzzed. If I haven’t eaten, it gets me drunk.
- If I am drinking mixed drinks and one of them has tequila and the others don’t, I will not remember the rest of the night.
- I will always look back on my time in Orlando with some of the best memories.
- Rachel and Troy’s Death will always affect the way I think about things and people. I miss them.
- I constantly worry that I am not on the right path.....but what is the right path anyway?
- Regardless of what I say, I DO look for validation (not always) of my appearance from men (awful I know).
- I will always want: The house. The family. The lifestyle many people dream of when they're little......
- My recovery from the ED is a blessing and a curse all at the same - helping others who struggle show's me that I was strong enough to overcome and how far I've come.
- I will always know the caloric amount in almost all of the food I eat.
- I have a type (read: kind of guy I am attracted to).
- I will always believe that human beings are innately good - despite the harm and evil that corrupt our world.

No comments: