Saturday, September 18, 2010

A quickie....

Haha :-)

I'm stuck at Cabrini this morning (saturday) but I'm going to slip out in about 15 minutes so I can go pick up Bethany and head down to the Rock n' Roll Expo. I'm excited for the race tomorrow. It's her first and although it's technically "old hat" for me, I haven't done a long race like this since last year so I'm looking forward to it:-)

In the mean time...the rest of the week went really quickly. I'm (crosses fingers) over this cold...just a bit of coughing here and there...I'll most likely take medicine tomorrow morning when I wake up before the race just for good measure. Stayed at my aunt and uncles on Monday and Tuesday night's to hang out with Zack for a bit while they were dropping off Tori and Allison at Northwestern. Wednesday was back to the norm...gym...Cabrini...all that jazz. Thursday much of the same. I did have a meeting with the woman who runs the Student Teaching stuff at Cabrini. She gave me a letter of intent for any employers that want to hire me and help me get an emergency cert. But I think I've decided.....I'm undoubtedly applying to the PhD programs at UPenn and Temple. If I get accepted to either of them, I'd start next fall. Both programs provide tuition remission and a stipend (no, I don't know how much) plus medical coverage. I figured that if I don't go for it now, I might never go back for the PhD...and I definitely want it. Teaching is still there...and will always be the first option...these are just additional options for me to think about. If I DO get into either of these programs...I can finish the M.Ed. at Cabrini next semester and kind of waylay the certification stuff and/or take all that over the summer. This way, I'd have two Masters going into the program for next fall. Of course, this is all tentative on getting accepted.

A few things that have to happen - while I have the connections for both Temple and UPenn - I need to take the GRE's again. It's a test. I'm already studying for it. I've scheduled a test day for October 15th at 8am. This gives me three weeks to get things in order. I'd also like to find a job to pay some of my bills and eventually find my own place to move into. I just need my own space again.

Other stuff - (I'm all discombobulated today) - I've applied for a head coaching job at LMHS. Please think good thoughts for me. I SO want to coach my own team. Plus, I have a few in's there. The current AD is Don Walsh - aka former PWHS boys head coach my senior year of high school and summer coach prior to heading to college. I also have a recommendation from the boys head coach at LMHS because I coach with him at Baldwin. Here's hoping no one else applys for the job :-) haha yeah right.

What else.....did I mention I'm going to SPAIN!? :-D October is looking to be a pretty slammin' month. Hopefully that'll just make the rest of the year rock out.

Can anyone else not believe that September is halfway over?! So much work for this Education class I have right now....Zomg thank goodness most of the work is due before Thanksgiving...which creates for a crazy October and November but ah well. Such is life.....Lemons....right?

No comments: