Monday, September 20, 2010

Philadelphia Rock n' Roll Half Marathon!

A few signs I saw on my run yesterday that I absolutely loved!.....

"I'm proud of you complete stranger!"

"What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?"

"There's beer at the end....I promise" (and there was! haha)

"13.1 miles = 5.5 donuts"

Haha....love it.....

Anyway...on to the pictures and update.

Honestly, it was seriously the BEST run I've had ever. Great Weather. Great Company. Awesome Atmosphere. Just everything was great from the start of the day. I even got a good night sleep. Earlier in the week I was worried I would have trouble breathing because of being sick but I woke up refreshed from a solid 7.5 hours. I had my coffee and english muffin with peanut butter. Bruce dropped Bethany and I off at the race around 7 and we had an hour to get things sussed out.

I dropped off a bag at the bag check (of things I didn't even use later). We then proceeded to stretch and use the portapotty's....twice! Haha. Here's a few pics.










So the race went off without a hitch! I averaged about an 8:30 pace. I couldn't believe it myself! My Garmin said we actually ran about 13.45 miles - more than the 13.1. My final time was around 1:54.29. I smashed my last time of 2 hours flat by nearly 5 and 1/2 minutes! yessssss. I was pretty pleased. Bethany came in seriously 30 seconds behind me. It was perfect! We decided we'd run other ones together since we're so close in pace time. I'm so happy and it was a great day. Here's a few from after the race :-)











So overall great race!

This week is another slightly busy week. Today I'm gonna go for an EASY 5 or 6 miler. I have class tonight. I'll probably do some GRE studying. I signed up for them for October 15th. I'd really like to get a good score on them.

Tomorrow I am going to the Phillies Game! Yeah!

The rest of the week is the usual. More to update later.

No comments: