Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm looking to the sky to save me

Looking for a sign of life
Looking for something to help me burn out bright ~ Foo Fighters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I say this every time it's been awhile but....It's been awhile!

A few things I've done since my last post:
Swim Club Closed at PSC - Summer is officially over and it felt weird to say the least. I miss my guards. I had a BLAST this summer. A few things have ended but some are still going strong. Here's hoping that it'll last!

I went to Florida and am now back. My trip was just kind of blasé. Nothing super huge to report on. It really just felt like I was living back there and had a few days off. It was GREAT to see Trish since she had been sick and I did get to see Joey and Nick. I started feeling a bit under the weather later in the week so I didn't venture out that much. I felt badly that I didn't get to see everyone but I was so tired - I even went to bed a few nights at 9PM. I know! Crazy.

While I was in Florida, I booked my trip to Spain to visit Paul :-) I am looking forward to that. I go from October 26th (arrive the morning of the 27th) and come back November 1st. It's a short trip but it'll be worth it :-) I'm excited for it!

The morning I got back from Florida - I had a bunch of stuff to go do. I had class that night too and then right after I headed to my cousins house to stay the night. My aunt and uncle took my cousins (Allison and Tori) to school at Northwestern so they asked if I could stay with Zack for a night or two. He's old enough to take care of himself but they just felt better having someone there overnight. No biggie.

Tuesday was the first night (for me) of coaching at Baldwin this year! It was...a struggle with the Red group (ages 8,9,10,11). It seems that they ALL forgot how to swim. Ha. Hopefully that is just a first day thing. I had the Blue group later (12-18) and it was great. I remembered why I missed them so much! Of course, the shouting didn't help my voice at all.

Oh yeah, I came back from FLA with a bit of a coldy cold. Not a huge one - but enough to make me take medicine. Which is not really all that great since I'm running the Philly Rock n' Roll Half Marathon on Sunday! I think I'll be okay by then. I'm not planning on doing anything on Friday or Saturday (workout wise) so that should help. Today I might just do Yoga.

This morning - I have a meeting with the lady who runs the Student Teaching stuff at Cabrini. It's a new person other than Dr. Arp (she got demoted, yikes). So hopefully this will go well - otherwise - I've got a huge elaborate plan for what comes next in the life of Katie....constant change, right? :-) Just gotta roll with the punches as they say.

I have to work at Cabrini later today and tomorrow I've got coaching again in the afternoon. I am supposed to go to Josh's for dinner - I feel badly I'll be late - but he assures me that I should come after work...so I will. We STILL haven't celebrated our Birthday yet. HAHA. Just like us...:-) I'm looking forward to seeing him though.

Saturday I have to work at Cabrini til Noon and then Bethany and I are hitting up the Expo for the race. She isn't that familiar with Philly so I offered to drive and whatnot. And since the expo is at the convention center, I told her we'd go into Reading Terminal Market afterwards to grab some lunch! Should be a good day. Look for pics :-)

Adieu, hasta luego :-)

No comments: