Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Yesterday's lazy, cures today's crazy" ~Cam, Modern Family

Ok, I love that show. If you aren't watching it - do it. You will thank me later. Just trust me on this one.

Also, I love this: (Trust me, you will love this too!)


When I lived in Orlando with Trish, Maya (her dog) ALWAYS did this as a puppy. I saw this commercial last night as I was watching TBL (the biggest loser) and just nearly died laughing. So cute!

Lots to update y'all on and a few side thoughts for me to think about:
"If you want to learn to swim jump into the water. On dry land no frame of mind is ever going to help you." ~Bruce Lee
I GOT THE JOB! I am officially the Head Swim Coach for the Girls Team at Lower Merion High School! GO ACES! Woot! But shhhhh, don't tell me cousins, they're Harriton Alum...I don't think they'd be pleased :-) But I'm SUPER PSYCHED! I met a few of the girls this afternoon but I set up a meeting for them (and hopefully more) for tomorrow. I'm stoked to take this on. I think they're pumped for it too. Obviously I'll be updating on the season's progress as it goes along. Lots of upcoming meetings - lots of things to look forward to. YAY!

“The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.”~Tom Bodett
School is going alright. I think I've figured everything out, as far as when and how much longer I'll be doing it. I have three more classes before my certification and just two more, beyond those three, for the Masters. I'm just bored. I really can't wait to teach! I'm so much more of a do-er than a reader/listener. I learn much better when I have to make mistakes and actually DO the teaching instead of just talking about it. I have a research paper and a presentation due for class on Monday and just a Unit Plan due at the end of the month but I'd like to get that taken care of asap.

Elsewhere - I got my official GRE scores back. Um...yeah. I don't think I'd be accepted to ANY graduate schools. I guess I need to take them again if I ever want to be a PhD candidate. Ha. For now though, I'm going to focus on the teaching thing. It's really what I want to do anyway. But boy do I love research....sigh.

"Who needs a social life with friends like these?"
Haha! Obviously that's ironic since I have THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD! I got to see Drew twice while he was home from Hawaii for a few weeks. It was REALLY great to catch up with him and a few other friends from high school. I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy it but I had a great time both times. So interesting how much we all change in 10+ years.

This weekend I'm going to the Dave Matthews Concert on Saturday night. With Brian. Yep. But he bought the tickets before I told him I was just more comfortable with us being friends.

Sunday is a Cancer Walk down in the City. My neighbor, Timmy, started having seizures about a year ago and his doctors found a tumor in his brain. You can read his blog at Me and My Brain Tumor. It's really amazing to see how much has changed in his life. It's really inspiring. But I digress.....I'll be walking with most of my neighborhood and some of his mom's church friends. We're known as "Tim's Noodle Team". It's just a mile walk but I'm wanting to more and more things like this to raise money for important things.

The 2nd Annual Rachel and Troy Beef and Beer went well. We didn't have as many people as last year and didn't raise as much money but we came out on top and had a good evening. I think we're going to maybe do something a little different next year. I'd like to start a Run/Walk. I'd like to head up that task. I think it might be easier to get people involved to do it. Either way, we won't have another meeting until January (when we start working on the golf outing again).

I have an all league coaches meeting next Wednesday with all the Central League coaches. I'm pumped! I hear some of the guy coaches are young and single too :-) hehe. Who knows, maybe I'll meet my future husband?! HAHA.

"Real athletes run others just play games"
I'm still running. The plan was to start P90X after the Distance Run but alas, I'm running one more Half Marathon before the year is through. The Philly Half this month. THEN! I will start P90X. I really want to do it for a few reasons but mainly to see if I can do it and to see if I can actually get a six pack. Of course with the Holiday Season approaching, we'll see if I can ward off the food, drinks, and festivities. Ha. Good luck!

No comments: