Thursday, November 18, 2010

“The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.”~Oliver Wendell Holmes

I've kind of been a recluse this week. Honestly - I've had a lot of things going on. Swim season starts TOMORROW! Yeah baby! And I have some major projects to accomplish. One of them being my Unit Plan for my Education class. The list is as follows:

1. Unit Plan for ENG/COM 489 - I started this awhile ago but stopped because the teacher kind of changed around the project - so I started to revamp it Monday - got "so" far, and then stopped - today is my day to try and tackle as much as I can. It's due on the 29th but with Thanksgiving next week and a birthday (YEAH JACKS!) in there - I want to not have to worry about it.

2. Meetings - meetings - meetings! Eeek. There have been a lot of these lately - and that's mainly because of swimming. Last week I had five meetings (alone) for swimming. This week I met with the Harriton coach to look at what equipment we needed (Monday), met with Don and Paul (yesterday) about Friday and the things for the season (ie. morning and weekend practices), I have a meeting tonight at 7 to learn meet manager for the season (should be a blast - not), and tomorrow is the start of swim season!

3. A change to my Cabrini schedule - I believe they're going to allow me to do this BUT it's not official yet. Hopefully I'll know by today. Since swim practices are in the afternoon - it makes it difficult for me to get to Cabrini on time and even at all - so I've asked to do my grad asst. stuff during the day, three times a week (like 11-2, tuesday, wed, and thurs). So far, everyone seems to be cool with it...as am I because then I won't have to worry about leaving the girls early from practice.

4. Reviewing Gary's Thesis paper - he's asked me to take a look at his upcoming PhD paper and make any changes on it. I'm very honored that he values my opinion so highly. I just hope the additions and/or changes I make don't send him for a loop. It's a great topic so I think it'll be easy for him to see why I made some additions or changes.

5. Baldwin coaching - yup - I'm still doing this. And additionally, I'm giving private lessons (yes, extra money!) so it's keeping me busy on the weekends too. I think with the addition of this and weekend practices, I'll be booked out the wazoo(sp) on my weekends - I guess I'll have no life for a few months - hahah, who are we kidding, I don't have a life now! :-)

6. Last week I house/babysat for gus and will again. It was nice to make a little bit of extra cash - which went directly to buying a brand new battery for my computer because the old one was dead (RIP). It's amazing though, it was the original battery that came with the computer four or so years ago. But I digress.....I'll be house/babysitting for them again on the 29th/30th because their mom is having some kind of surgery so I'll be hangin with them at the house.

7. Speaking of house sitting - I'll be watching my aunt and uncle's dog while they're in Conn. over thanksgiving from Thursday night til Saturday Morning. A nice little bit of extra money there too. And I'll be hangin with Zack for a week in January (again, more moolah). It actually works out really well because they live (literally) down the road from Baldwin and SO MUCH CLOSER to LM so that'll save me some gas that week.

8. Speaking of gas - I realized last week how great it would've been to have a hybrid. I used SO much gas because I did SO much driving. Crazy.

9. I have to figure out what/how I'm going to handle my swim team this year. Right now I have something like 35 girls signed up....I have three lanes....yeah. That's a terrible number. I've asked all of the girls (even the ones who swim for aquatic clubs) to come to my practices for the time being). I don't know how we're going to do this...but...hopefully a lot of them decide not to come back after the first few practices (I'm planning on making them pretty tough). We'll see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously, trying to relate to the subject quote - I'm moving forward....in every area of my life.

I mentioned in my first paragraph that I've been kind of a recluse.....I've been trying to keep busy. Not necessarily to keep my mind from wandering but I feel the most productive this way.

To be honest - it's been a fantastic week! I've had a few guys ask me out - no deets on that yet because I said no since I'm so busy. I've also had fantastic weeks in class and at work (I got an A on my research paper and lots of good things coming from school for swimming - minus some crazy parents). Just lots of good things happening this week. It's great!

Just keep moving forward. While looking back and nostalgia can be nice (some times) - that's what it is...looking back. I don't want to do that. I have so many awesome things waiting for me! Speaking of which - I'm stuck on ideas for my 30 in 30.....anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: