Friday, November 26, 2010

Let us never forget to count our blessings....

I'm a day late. I know. YESTERDAY was Thanksgiving. I'm aware. But who says Thanksgiving is the ONLY day you can count or recall your blessings? Not me, that's for darn sure:-)

So in no particular order, here is what I am thankful for this year:
-My friends (that includes my bestest's - Jacks, Netty, and Paul)
-My family - so much of this year has been with re-learning how to handle them. It's given me a new found appreciation for them and for myself....even if they drive me nuts.
-My health - *knocks wood* I haven't had any major illnesses this year. Of course, there is still one more month in the year but you know....
-My running - honestly, as much as I can complain about it, running has kept me SANE this year. Regardless of whether or not I feel as though I can't run, I always feel better after one. Hopefully I'll get to do that today.
-Music - music is a HUGE part of my life and I am SO thankful for having grown up with such a huge appreciation for it. As you know, most of my blog titles/subjects are either titles of a song or lyrics to a song....cause I'm cool like that
-Forgiveness and Forgetfulness - haha - seems odd but in a way, I'm so glad to have both of these qualities....maybe not when remembering is SUPER important but with respect to people and the past. Moving forward is the only way we can go - so why not just forgive and forget?
-Plymouth Swim Club: This past summer was....well it was a nice breath of fresh air. Something entirely different for me, making entirely new friends...having a blast with my lifeguards...ultimate frisbee....manhunt...the guard party. Just an all around good time. Guess that's the last time it'll happen since they've eliminated my position at PSC - time to start looking for a new job!
-Lower Merion High School - for giving me the head coaching job! Its definitely a dream come true and it's something I'm looking to continue for years to come. I heart swimming so much :-)
-The Baldwin Swim Club and Dave Hart - for whom without I wouldn't be where I am today. Truly.
-GPS at Cabrini for whom without I wouldn't able to make all of these things possible. They're simply the best:-)

and last but not least....Starbucks....because I'm about to go get my first holiday latte of the season:-) Woot!

What're y'all thankful for this year?

No comments: