Monday, March 16, 2009

"brad lidge....stretches.....the oh two pitch..."

SWING AND A MISS!!!! STRUCK HIM OUUUUUUUTT!! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!!!!!

Needless to say - I heart baseball. I heart baseball lotses:-)

This week is the beginning of baseball for me. yes, I know, it's been going on for a few weeks now...but I'm going to three spring training games this week. Can I just say how much I LOVE spring training games. Smaller stadiums..closer to the players (mmm baseball players, yum)...and definitely more intimate atmosphere.

Tomorrow and Wednesday I am making the trek down to Clearwater for two Phillies games and meeting up with my dad and family friend, Steve, for games at Bright House Field. Then Thursday I'm back in Orlando with my roommate and friend for a Braves/Tigers game (my roommate is a Kitties fan). I am so excited! I love watching baseball. I love it!

I guess my affection for America's Favorite Pastime started when I was pretty young. Growing up in the burb's of Philly, when the VET was still around, my dad would pile me and a few of the neighborhood kids into our old rabbit and venture down to South Philly - get a few 700 level tix and we'd all be up in the nosebleeds for the Sunday afternoon game:-) - usually there was some kind of giveaway too. I just remember sitting in those seats - watching the likes of my favorite ballplayer of all time (michael jack schmidt) - and loving every minute of it!

I remember 1993 - when the Phils (sadly - and much to my hatred for Joe Carter) lost in game 6 of the world series. And watching "Whatever it Takes Dude" video over and over and OVER again with Fur....(best phils memorabilia video ever) - ahhh Lenny Dykstra - what are you doing with yourself now?

And of course - this past year - when the Phils took the World series! I think I was destined to be a baseball fan. Why? Well, let's just say, the last time (prior to '08) that the Phils won a WS - was in October of 1980. I was born in July of 1981. You do the math:-)

No comments: