Sunday, March 29, 2009

"all the Philly fella's livin' life as a profession!"

Yay for G. Love & Special Sauce! I heart them/him so much. He's so effing hot. Trust on this.

~~~~~~~~

So I haven't updated in about a week and a half..going on two weeks. It's been busy around here. I actually had two days of work this past week. It was supposed to be three..but alas, being efficient kicks my ass again. But in the last two weeks here's a run down of the things I did:-) hehe:

Four Spring Training Games (three phillies, one tigers)
Visited Paul in DC for the weekend
Worked two and a half days
G. Love & Special Sauce Concert
"Happy Trails" Party
Lots of working out.....

In regards to the last one...I even had someone tell me I looked skinny. Bonus...esp since I've been feeling pretty lazy lately. I have been upping my mileage in regards to my running. I tried to sign up for the Royal Parks Half Marathon in London this past week...but alas...the sight kept having some kind of error...so maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't do it. Besides, it'll be right in the middle of the semester and I probably won't be able to take the time off I want. Whatev's...next time. I have a good fall of running lined up anyway. I'm doing the Philly Distance Run in September (half)...and then I'm planning on signing up for the Full Philly Marathon this November...so I'm kind of looking for a run in October to give me one last boost before the big one in November. I'll be looking all over for another Half Marathon in October.

Elsewhere...I'm pretty sure I've come to a conclusion about guys. I started re-reading, "Better Single Than Sorry" by the chick who was on the bachelor and bachelorette. As I read each page I realize, I'm gonna be ok. I kind of had a breakdown of sorts on Monday because after having spent a weekend with Paul (all of his friends are couples), I think I got back here and kind of felt inadequate. Not with who I am, but that I knew something was missing. I am searching for that someone to compliment my life. I love my life. Don't misread that...but...I want to share all these things I'm doing, with them.

I get a daily horoscope in my email - last week, one of the horoscope's was talking about life and it included this profound quote, "Life doesn't necessarily get easier as you get older, you just learn how to handle things better". It's really true. If there's one thing I've learned it's that life isn't as easy as some people make it out to be. And honestly, in the moments when I feel like I'm alone, I also realize that everyone else is pretty much in the same position - whether they're married, single, divorced, etc. Everyone is just trying to do the best they can.

The other week I was talking to my friend Parker about some issues he's having with a girl and her insecurities. I've been there (in her shoes). It's interesting/weird to know that now I am in a position where I can help others with similar situations. At the time of the events that you're going through, you always ask the questions, "why?" or "why me?" I now know why. To help. Everyone needs a little help now and then...and the thing is...people are so afraid to ask for it. I don't know why.

I take that back, I do know why. Because most of us have instincts that tell us not to ask for help because it makes us seem weak. Personally, I think NOT asking for help makes us weak. I think it takes more strength to ask for help and say to yourself, "I can't do this alone". I shouldn't say can't. Can't is a weird word. It's more like, I won't do this alone. Because really, you can do anything on your own...but why would you want to do anything on your own? It pretty much leaves you without anyone close and keeping everyone/everything at a distance.

But I digress......I guess what I'm trying to say is exactly what G Love says, "livin' life as a profession".....just do what you can to live your life as best you can...and the rest will follow.

No comments: