Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hey my friend it seems your eyes are troubled, care to share your time with me?

Dave's always a good pick me up in the morning. Not that I need a pick me up - but this week is definitely not as good as last week. And rightly so - I don't know many things that can trump the week I had last week. It kind of started last Friday with all the shennanigans (if you could even call it that). Something was just off. I had a fantastic week up until that point. I dont know how else to explain it.

This week - you might be asking - what's wrong with this week? Well - to start - the Phillies game that was supposed to be Game 5 on Monday for the World Series (and the final game) was "called" due to rain - but there are still three and half more innings to play. That being said - they're supposed to finish the game today (it was supposed to be yesterday but it was literally snowing at home yesterday) so here's hoping that they get it in.

What else? Well, as great as it is that one of the guys I'm seeing called me not only Sunday and Monday (albeit very late at night), we had made plans to hang out yesterday but because it was cold - I asked if we could do something else and he kind of bailed on me - including later in the evening - and when he asked for a raincheck I was like - ok sure - so I suggested a day to hang out - and he said he couldn't. I don't know what else to do. So - I'm not leaving it up to me any more. It's in his hands - the ball is in his court.

Continuing on - another guy I'm supposed to hang out with tonight - is sick - and I totally understand wanting to postponed hanging out until another time when he's feeling better - I agree. I'm actually not feeling too hot myself. But after the situation from the previous paragraph and now this - I'm like - do none of these guys want to hang out with me?! Seriously.

Last night I had to do something really difficult for me and for a friend. I have a friend that's kind of gotten caught up in a lifestyle that is detrimental to his health and his life. Me and a few close friends had an "intervention" (for lack of a better word) and despite us getting it all out - he was not very receptive to it. I am extremely worried about him...as we all are. The only plus that came with it was that an old friend and I got a chance to tell each other how much we missed each other. ::sigh:: I do miss him a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------

But enough of the debbie downer stuff! I was reading Hot Thick Chick this morning and noticed a meme that she had on her page...so I decided to do one of my own:-) Happy reading!


10 Years Ago (1998):
1. I was in my Senior year of High School and at this point in the year, already knew where I was going to college in the Spring - Albright! Senior Year was a blast! Some times I wish I could go back to then:-)

2. I had a white 1988 Nissan Maxima. Trust me - it was not as flashy as it sounds!

3. I STILL had the biggest crush on Derek Drechsel - but continued to be his best friend anyway.

4. Earlier that year, I had my first series of boyfriends - Matt, Mike, Joe, Anthony....I'm not gonna lie...for as much drama as there was....it was nice to know that I would no longer be the girl who thought she'd never have a boyfriend:-)

5. My Grandparents celebrated their 50th Wedding anniversary.

5 Things on Today’s “To Do” List:
1. Run no less than 8 miles

2. Meet up with Matt for dinner (hopefully)

3. Continue to work on this Recap at work

4. Call the Montgomery County Election Commission to find out why I still don't have my absentee ballot.

5. Watch the Phillies WIN THE WORLD SERIES! (pending the game isn't postponed again)

5 Things that I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. Pay off any debts of mine or any of my family - if I could.

2. Buy a house.

3. Invest a portion of it....and save it for future.

4. Take a nice long trip around the world - for at least two months!

5. Buy a personal trainer



5 Places I have lived:
1. Plymouth Meeting, PA
2. Reading, PA
3. Philadelphia, PA
4. Mt. Pleasant, MI
5. Orlando, FL

5 Jobs I have had:
1. I was a lifeguard for three summers from the end of my Sophomore year of HS to the end of my Senior year......one of the BEST jobs ever.
2. Au pair/Babysitter for my cousins for a few summers.
3. Television News Producer - worst job I've ever had - but learned SO much about myself, what I wanted for my life and about my abilities.
4. I worked as an office assistant for a few summers at different places - one was for a Financial Planner and the other was for a guy who ran his own audio business out of his basement. Two entirely different jobs but totally awesome experiences.
5. Preditor - current job - freelance producer and editor - I get to do something different every day. I love it!

(I'm adding my own five things)
5 Things You'd Like to do in the next 5 years:
1. Go back to school and get another degree
2. Travel to Australia, All over Europe and portions of the Far East
3. Get married (of course I can't just make this happen)
4. Buy a House.
5. If number three happens - have at least one kid.

No comments: