Sunday, August 3, 2008

A less weighty katie

So I was watching "You Are What You Eat" on BBC America the other week...and there was a girl on there who shared my name and "a less weighty katie" was a tag for a bump out/in of the show. It kind of stuck with me and I've kind of been telling myself this is what I need to do.

I need to stop calling myself fat. I need to focus on what's truly important to me again - which always was - being healthy. I can't let it get out of control. I am healthy and I am fit. I just wish I was a less weighty katie. So. I'm going to do what I can. I'm going to workout hard...eat well...drink less...eat less sweets...and get more sleep! I've found the sleep thing is by far and away the thing that affects me on a more immediate level. If I don't sleep enough the night before, my workouts are as effective the next day and I tend to hurt more (my muscles and joints) during the next few days.

I recently talked to Brian - my old trainer. He basically told me - as long as I'm running - one upper body workout a week should suffice. Which is good because it's what I've been doing anyway. I've cut out leg workouts for now - I've noticed a difference. My legs (my calves anyway) look trimmer. I'm still working on toning up my tummy some more - but cutting out the alcohol has helped in that department significantly. If I do drink - it's usually a glass of wine and only one.

Elsewhere - things are pretty decent. I had a bad day last week - but it was the start of my pmsing - and thankfully that is done now. I am going home this coming weekend for my friend Kristie's wedding - I am so excited for her:-) I'm also gonna get to see my cousins and my friend Pat who I haven't seen in nearly 2 years. Should be interesting.

On other fronts - I head out to LA to visit Kelly at the end of the month and am REALLY excited about this half marathon. I think - and am pretty sure - I am signing up for the Philadelphia Marathon in November. It falls on the Sunday before Thanksgiving and I'll probably be home then anyway - plus Jackie's birthday is the next day so win win:-) But I'm still gonna see how I feel after this half marathon. I know I can do 13.1 ....but 26.2....that's a helluva long way farther...so....we'll see.

yay:-)

No comments: