Sunday, July 27, 2008

"I wish I could get my head out of the sand...

...cause I think we'd make a good team...and you would keep my fingernails clean. But that's just a stupid dream that I won't realize, cause I can't even look in your eyes..."

Nothing like some Weezer in the morning:-) I do heart that band. Here's to hoping they go on tour with their new album.

So yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day - despite the blog from earlier. I went to the gym - did a mediocre workout (for myself) - then went to dinner and a movie (Mamma Mia! - awesome!) with my friend Pam and decided to head out to a party after that. I had a really good night overall.

I've kind of resolved myself to not drinking for a while, for a few reasons. 1. I want to see if I can do it and not miss it. 2. I feel better when I don't and I like that. 3. I'm trying to see if it helps with weight loss - which most likely it will. That doesn't mean I won't have a beer every once in a while - but I think it'll help me get on track with the way I want my body to look, etc. I'm also going to try and cut out sweets (as much as I can - since I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth). AND - a lot less junk for me. I just kind of want to experiment with all of it. I really really want to slim down - I think it'll help me with my running and fitness goals.

Elsewhere - I've been thinking about looking for new jobs - specifically in a place where I never thought I'd live. L.A. As much as I dislike it there - I kind of want to see what it's all about. I'll probably feel different about it after I go visit Kelly at the end of August - but we'll see. Honestly - I'd only move out there if I had a job first...and if it paid me enough. But truthfully - I really do like living in Orlando. Maybe it's just time for a change of atmosphere. I love living where I'm at - but I kind of miss having my own place. I'd like to have a house and a yard. I'd like to be in my own place by the time I'm 28. That gives me about a year. I think that's a good goal.

I've actually set up a lot of goals for myself that don't necessarily have to be accomplished by the time I'm 28 - but I'd like them to be....maybe 30...which the way the years are going, isn't too far from now - yikes!

In no particular order:
1. Have my own home
2. Be completely organic/vegan(if I can)
3. Skydive
4. Back pack in Europe
5. Save more money
6. Get my fitness/training certification(s)
7. Go back to school for PhD.
8. Travel more
9. Spend more time with family
10. Try to find a way to blog full time. (this is a shot in the dark but who knows)

No comments: