Thursday, January 24, 2008

Do you eat sleep do you breathe me...anymore??

Do you count sheep anymore? Do you sleep anymore?

I just thought this was appropriate because of late, I have been having reall weird dreams.

Two nights ago - I had a vivid dream that I was back at Albright (my first College) but not as a student, as myself now - and visiting my old dorm room. The dorm that I lived in happened to be the ONLY all girls dorm on campus and we lived in the room at the end of the hall (closest to the bathroom) on the third floor.

During my visit back - I vividly remember going into Walton Hall and making my way up the familiar stairwell - only now it was like a stairway out of some kind of creepy movie - like one of those really big square staircases - you know what I'm talking about? That part of the dream was in black and white. As I made my way up to the fourth floor (for some reason I had to go up four floors in my dream to get to the third floor) I went through the hallway door and found myself standing in a hallway with a lot of kids, both male and female, running around the hallway and in and out of rooms. Weird. I didn't know they had made the dorm coed (as even to this day I am pretty sure the dorm is still the only all girls dorm on campus). Nonetheless, I went to walk to my old room and noticed the sign next to the door reading 260 - as in room 260 - but I was on the third, er, fourth floor? The next thing I knew someone was asking me what I was doing there and I explained I was an alumni just visiting my old dorm - telling them it was weird seeing guys in the hallway because when I went there it was all girls. The next thing I knew some guy was up in my face and arguing with me that I was wrong and telling me that I didn't know what I was talking about. I argued back and told him that I was right.

Then - my alarm went off - and I was awake.

The dream I had last night was even weirder. I dreamt I was in a hotel room somewhere with a few of my friends and (oddly) Perez Hilton was with us. Whatever happened - the situation escalated into a yelling match and somehow or other I pushed Perez off the top of the balcony and watched him plummit several stories to his death. Morbid I know - but after the fact all I could remember from the dream was telling my friends that they had to say they didn't know what happened and we started making stories up as to where we couldve been. Yes, I dreamt about murdering someone - and a famous/quasifamous person at that.

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM!?

I have never dreamt about things like this before - especially the murder stuff - what is wrong with me? Am I derranged?

So - I did what I normally do - I started analysis of both.

Turns out - the dream about the murder or killing means something that really does seem to make sense to me. The internet guide to dreams interprets my second dream as meaning:


Killing
To dream that you killed someone, forewarns that heavy stress may cause you to lose your temper and self-control. Identity the characteristics of the person that you have killed and ask yourself if you feel any rage towards this person in your waking life. You may be expressing some rage or hatred toward this person.


Murder
To dream that you have committed a murder, indicates that you are putting an end to an old habit and your former ways of thinking. This could also mean an end to an addiction. Alternatively,? you may have some repressed aggression or rage at yourself or at others. Note also that dreams of murder occur frequently during periods of depression.

Both of these seem to make some sense to me - considering lately I have been feeling both of these kinds of emotions - alternatively - I think that the heavy stress and anger toward myself are pretty spot on.

As far as my first dream goes - the online guide said:

Yelling
To dream that you or someone is yelling, represents repressed anger that need to be expressed. If you are yelling and no one hears, then it suggests that you are not being heard. You feel that your voice does not matter.


YEP! EXACTLY! - to whom and what?

Maybe I should just take a kickboxing class or something. ::shrugs::

No comments: