Friday, December 14, 2012

Hiatus

From here...from life....from everything....

I'd like one....can that be arranged???  No?  It was worth a shot.

Lately, things have been insanely busy and to sum it up - exhausting.

I am definitely experiencing a bit of SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder.  It happens.  It hasn't been all that Sunny In Philadelphia....but I am well in general.  I haven't been to therapy in a few weeks on account of money being a bit tight and I haven't bought all of my Christmas presents yet.  Check it people - it's only 11 days away.....yeah. 

Also, I'm no longer going down to Orlando.  I was supposed to fly out tomorrow morning and stay until Tuesday morning.  I still have the ticket and can use it at a later date, which I will, but I couldn't fathom going down there and spending money when I know I need it elsewhere (ie. presents, rent, bills).  My friends understood.  I think this time of year is pretty busy for everyone so it was nice that they were totally cool about it.

Things are going well in other realms.  I got offered a subbing gig for Haverford School District with some potential of it turning into more.  We'll see.  I am really hoping that 2013 brings some good job news...any job news at all really.  I am starting to get burned out with these 6 jobs I have.  I wish I could stop doing just one of them....but I need them all :-/  If I did, the first would probably be not working at Baldwin - even though I love it.  I would probably still teach lessons, if I was allowed, but the extra coaching is just too much.  And as much as I like swimming, the weekend meets are killing any semblance of me having a social life.  I agreed to one this Sunday simply because I figured if I'm not going to Florida, I might as well make some money.  I am also able to go to the Spin Workshop at the gym I work at (originally I was the ONLY instructor that couldn't go....so there's that).

I am slowly working my mileage back up.  I have hesitated to write about my running because I jumped the gun the last time.  I got too excited that I was running without pain that it actually backfired.  I am hoping to run tonight after our meet and call it an early evening.  I have been really tired this week....gotta be the weather?  Oh, and I'm exhausted. Ha. :-)

In the next few days I'm going to attempt to look back on my resolutions from this year and what I am hopeful to accomplish for 2013.  I'm not sure how close I came to achieving them this year but I guess some of my goals are more long term....which is fine. 

Confession:  I have not written one paragraph, sentence, phrase or letter in my novel since the last day of November.  I just haven't had the time and if/when I have, I haven't really had an desire.  I would like to finish it.  I should have some free time the last week of the month since I won't be subbing and I'll just have practice in the mornings. 

How's everyone else's holiday season going?

No comments: