Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Year is Drawing to a Close

As promised, I am updating and taking a look back on my 2012 Resolutions with the intent of putting forth 2013 Resolutions.  

My 2012 Resolutions were:
1.  Finish my 30 in 30 - yeah, that didn't happen.  It was a pretty ambitious list anyway.
2.  Get a Real Teaching Job - I am currently subbing for a variety of school districts.  Here's hoping that turns into something.... I am, however, working as an adjunct professor for the local community college, so that's technically a real teaching job, right?
3.  Continue to practice patience and compassion - since injuring my foot in September, taking up Yoga was probably the BEST thing I've done all year.  When I couldn't use running to cope with my sadness from the breakup, Yoga became my retreat.  I am SO grateful to have it in my life.
4.  Visit my friends more - sadly, I didn't do this at all.  Financially I was not able to make it to Allan's Wedding in July nor have I been able to go down to Florida at all.  I still have yet to visit Reagan in Jersey....I am a terrible friend.
5.  Bridge the gaps in friendships that seem to have become larger than I would've liked - I am not entirely sure how I've done with this but I think I've definitely done better.  I reached back out to my friend Jen from Albright and Brian from CMU, as well as keep in touch with my CMU friends a bit more.  I am scheduled to hang out with a friend from La Salle during the Holidays....so....I think this is a checked off thing :-)

What I'd really like for 2013 is for everything I've been working so hard for in the last 2-3 years to finally come to fruition.  Whether you believe in astrology or not, the stars keep saying that things are nearly aligned for me....I can kind of feel it too.  Whatever that means....whether it means to obtain a job or to find the love of my life.....who knows.  What I do know is that I am optimistic for 2013.  There are an insane amount of things that I will be preoccupied with starting in January.  My weekly schedule will leave little room for extracurriculars....which in some ways is good.  My weekends, however, will be freer - so I have that going for me!

2013 Resolutions:
1.  Practice Yoga 1-4 times a week.
2.  Continue to see my therapist.
3.  Join a Crossfit Gym.
4.  Get a Real Teaching Job at a local High School
5.  Learn to say 'no' and not feel bad about it.
6.  Volunteer.

I'd add more but I think any more than 5 or 6 goals in a year is tough for me since I have a lot on my plate right now.  I'll check back in a year with the outcome :-)

No comments: