Friday, November 30, 2012

Stuck

I have writers block.

I was doing so well with my novel and I am currently at 38800 words.  I still have quite a bit left to write but I just can not find the words.  Maybe if I write here it'll help. 

I'm structuring the novel by months.  I am up to March of 2012.  I have to get to September of 2012.  So, 7 more months to write.  The challenge for NaNoWriMo is to get to 50K words.  I know I'll go over that.  That's fine.  I just want to finish it.  I knew, once I started getting busy, I might not finish it in a month.  I WILL finish it though.  I am going to give myself til the end of the year to accomplish it.  With doctors appointments and working and coaching, I just don't have the kind of free time I did at the beginning of the month.  It did help that we had off a few days for that hurricane......but I digress...

It hasn't been edited.  I suppose I'll leave January for that.  I've had quite a few people request to read it.  I have no problem with that at all - as long as they are all aware that it's not finished and hasn't been edited.  I started to reread some of it and realized I really do need to edit it...ha.  I've also been really eager to start writing short stories.  Maybe that'll be on my New Year's Resolution list.

Speaking of New Year's - who else can not believe it's December 1 tomorrow?  This girl, right here.  Where did 2012 go?  It's amazing how much can change over the course of a year.  I have to admit, I am slightly sad that I'll be spending this holiday alone.  And with the extra stress of money woes, awesomesauce is written in the cards. 

On the plus side, swim team is kicking butt and I am super pumped.  We have our first meet next Friday.  We also have a lot of amazing things to look forward to in the new year.  I've officially declined coaching lacrosse in the spring but there are so many great things on the horizon starting in January! 

If nothing changes (and I say that because my Montco teaching schedule might alter), my weeks will look like this:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday - Subbing
Monday/Wednesday Evenings - teaching at Montco
Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday Mornings - Teach Spinning
Tuesday Thursdays 10am-2pm - Work at Cabrini
Tuesday Evenings - Class at Cabrini
Thursday Evenings/Saturday Mornings - Coach at Baldwin**
Saturdays - Teach Lessons
Friday and Saturday evenings FREE
Sundays - Coach Meets*** (TBD)

Whew - did you get all that?

I just have to make sure I don't get sick.  Gotta take good care of myself.

Oh, when do I have free time?  Ha - good question.  I'm sure it'll happen.  I am looking forward to being busy though.  It's really what keeps me going. 

No comments: