Friday, October 1, 2010

“We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise we harden” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

So lately...wait for it....I've been watching Season 3 of Dawson's Creek. Remember that show? Anyone that says they don't - you're too young. GO WATCH IT! It is the One Tree Hill of my generation :-) And I LOVE OTH. If you don't remember, Season 3 is the Season where Joey and Pacey get together......yeah. I LOVED/LOVE Pacey. I still watch him in everything he's been in. What can I say, Josh Jackson has a place in my heart forever. Why do you think I watch Fringe :-)? But I digress......so I'm watching S3 of DC. It's funny when I think about how much I've changed since high school. I used to think my life was JUST like Joey Potter's. Of course, minus the whole love triangle's and such. I completely identified with the show. I always wished for my very own Pacey. But rather I was the one that waited for my very own Joey, just in guy form.

All that being said, my quote/subject is relevant. Change, as you can tell by the blog, is a good thing. It's often scary....but I think it's supposed to be scary. I think that's how you know it's good. I think if it isn't scary, you're doing something wrong.

It's been no secret that September was a far from spectacular month for me. I can not even begin to explain how grateful I am that it is now October 1st. I think with a new month comes a change - a renew - a rejuvenation. Some might argue that this comes on a weekly or even daily basis. Unfortunately, I tried to have it be a daily/weekly thing and it just didn't happen. But that's okay because if September is the worst it's going to get for 2010, I'm doin' pretty darn good.

October has a lot to offer:
-I'm going to Game 1 of the NLDS!
-Possibly going to the home opener for the Flyers!
-Taking the GRE's
-Possibly finding out about a coaching job
-Applying for Grad School
-Busillo's Halloween Party (which reminds me, I need to find a costume!)

Those are just a few of the (hopefully) many things to come in October. Also - I'm just getting closer and closer to getting out of here. I'd like to set a time/date on when I will get out of here, but there's that saying, "The best way to make God laugh, is to make plans" :-) So we'll see where the month goes......

No comments: