Thursday, October 14, 2010

Nothing Fancy

Ok ok - I couldn't think of a fancy schmancy blog title - plus my mind is utterly blank right now. Not sure if that's a good thing or what just yet since I'm taking the GRE's tomorrow morning - p.s. I'm doing terribly on the practice tests. Ha.

Updates in life:
1. As we know, I went to the Phillies game last Wednesday (Yeah doc!). It was...a date. Yes. It was. An awesome one at that. Tough to top. With Brian. A friend from high school. I really like hanging out with him. He's a nice guy. We're going to the NLCS Game 1 this Saturday. Yep. It's another date. We'll see how it goes.

2. I am, as I mentioned at the beginning, taking the GRE's tomorrow morning. 8AM. Bright and Early. Why? Well. It creates another option for me. Should I be doing this? Who knows. But I am. Honestly, part of me thinks I should just postpone it....but oh well. I basically have to get better than 600 on both the verbal and quantitative sections (read: english and math) and an essay score of 4 or better (out of 6). Oh yeah and the verbal and quantitative sections are out of 800. Eek! I didn't even get that high on my SAT's. A good standardized test taker I am not. So. We'll see. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and do it. Then...we start the application process.

3. Elsewhere - although I am taking the GRE's tomorrow - I think I am just going to hunker down and finish the content courses I need and suck it up. As much as I despise living at home - this is what has to be done right now. It's not forever. I will get out of there. Maybe I'll win the lottery in the mean time? :-)

4. I am still up for the Girls Head Coaching Job at LMHS. Thinks good thoughts for me! I'm supposed to go in for an interview some time soon - so here's hoping!

5. I have no money like woah. yeah. awesomeness.

6. The RTFoundation Beef and Beer is tomorrow night. It's our second one. I think we'll have a good showing. I honestly feel badly because I feel as though I haven't done much in preparing for it....but I HAVE been busy. It's a lame excuse. I'm a terrible person. Bleh.

7. I have this research paper I have to write for my Education class. I've decided to write about the stress and stressors that secondary students deal with today. So many kids have so much more than just school to worry about. I think it's only fair, as teachers, that we acknowledge that.

8. I am working on a 30 in 30 list. If you didn't see the explanation in the last post, this list will consist of 30 things for me to do/accomplish in my 30th year. Luckily I have a little while before that happens, but I have one year to do all of it - which basically means I have to do a little more than 2 things each month in order to finish the list by the time I hit 31. Eek! Can you believe this? I'm nearly 30!? Where does the time go?

So there ya go. Nothing Fancy. Just the facts.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.