Monday, May 19, 2008

Just another Manic Monday....

Maybe - could he? (IDK my BFF Jill?) haha - I love that - doesn't apply but every time I want to say I don't know - it's the first thing that comes to mind. :::sigh::: commercial advertising.

Anyway. I went home to Philly this past weekend - suprisingly - an awesome weekend! I wasn't expecting it (which may be why it was so great)....so it was a pleasant surprise (espcially after the fight - see previous post - between my mother and I).

Why was it so great? Hrmmm - well.....the weekend unraveled as follows (and clearly the metaphor is imperative since I went home trying to be as closed as possible since I didn't want to create any more of an arguement with my mother).

Thursday: I worked in the morning which proved to be beneficial. Usually when I work a half day, I get next to nothing accomplished. I felt pretty good about my work that morning. My flight was at 1:30 so by 4 I was at home and my mom and I were on our way to the hospital to visit my Grandmother (congestive heart failure - admitted on tuesday - released on saturday). I bought my mom dinner later on because I owed it to her and because, well, she always buys me stuff. It's only right to start doing it for her. I later watched the season finale of The Office (which was phenominal!) and made it an early night.

Friday: Up at the butt crack of dawn to take my stepdad to work so I could have a car and workout and do some errands (which allowed me to buy some new and ON SALE biking shorts/jersey - SCORE!) I had a pretty good workout - took spin class with one of my favorite instructors at home and did chest and tri of which I quickly realized how weak I am after that week break - yikes! I went to the Phillies game that night with my dad - it was rainy and cold(both of which I was not happy about as I am generally disenchanted by the thought of sitting outside for a baseball game, of which I LOVE, in the rain and cold). I am SO glad we went because it was by far the BEST game I've ever been to. Jason Werth (Phillies Centerfielder) hit back to back to back homeruns (3 Run, Grand Slam, Solo - Bottom of 2nd, 3rd, and 5th respectively) By far the BEST baseball game I've been to in a long time - and I was with my dad so even better:-)

Saturday: I slept in - which I am so glad I did - I needed it. I lazed around as I usually do on Saturdays. Went for a 7.5 mile run around town because it was actually Sunny and relatively warm. It felt so great to be outside! This day was also the original purpose for the trip home. A best bud, Josh, FINALLY finished college ("in just a shade under a decade too, alright!")...and I promised him long ago that I would come up for his party or the ceremony, whichever he preferred. I honestly wasn't expecting to stay long - party started at 4, I got there at 5:30, I even thought I might be able to hang out with my BESTEST Jacks later that night. I thought this only because I really only thought I'd know Josh, his brother and his parents....I was not expecting to "make friends" with others....I don't know why I thought this - I am a generally pretty friendly person.

Anyway, so I met Josh's roommate from his Freshman year of college and first school he attended (there were a few)...Jasen. That's right - Jasen - with an "e". I know, I like it too:-) .....so yeah....I kind of ended up hangin' and talking with him all night....like...all night. It was so great. We just..hit it off. I don't think that's really ever happened to me. He's smart, he has a good job, he is definitely CUTE (even Josh's brother said he was hot - so I know it's true), and he talked to ME too - so it was definitely mutual....especially the part of the night where he said "yeah I'm gonna go get my phone right now so I can get your number so you don't leave and I miss my chance"...oh and the "well we could always go out on the front porch and make out" - ahahahaha - which I thought was hysterical that he read my mind (but I didn't tell him that) :-) So we exchanged numbers - I have his email - and at the end of the night - he purposely waited to say goodnight - and of course - kiss me goodbye (good kisser too!)

So why does this pose a problem? Well, he lives in Lancaster and I live in Orlando. Clearly - geography is not helping us. I am not sure what to do here. I want to wait for him to call - but I've already reserved the idea that if he doesn't call this week - I should just call him this weekend and try to just be friends? Yes? No? I honestly don't know - I mean - we hit it off so well - it'd be a shame to let something like distance get in the way of that, don't you think? Ahh well - I think I'll have my answer soon enough - unless - I have his email - should I just send him a quick note saying hi? Bleh - it has been so long since I've had to think about this stuff....I am at a loss for what to do.

back to the weekend

Sunday: Since I was out so late on Saturday - I ended up missing one of my favorite spin classes at 8 am on Sunday morning - so - I went to the gym and did my own workout - to which I later went to a late lunch early dinner with my bestest Jacks and scarfed our favorite foods...yummy! NACHOS! I flew back yesterday afternoon and finally (after a 45 minute delay) made it home.

I am tired today - but the weekend was an overall fun time. I'm definitely heading back home in August for my friend Kritie's wedding.

Oh also - I signed up for a 1/2 Marathon this weekend - August 31st - Disneyland. Nice long weekend with my seestar and a little personal torture in the middle:-)

TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're looking for ideas... I'd suggest e-mail over making a phone call. Not that I'm any great expert in this field. But if he's got a good job like you suggested, e-mail might be a bit easier for him to get around to in the middle of the week. Maybe an e-mail to just say hi, and ask when might be a good time to call and have a longer conversation.

I'm glad to hear that you had a good weekend in Philly! I'm jealous that you got to go to a Phillies game. On our summer baseball trip last year, that was my favorite game too... And now that my uncle has been fired by the Reds, I'm sort of pulling for Philly to win it all (although I'd like Cincinnati to make the playoffs, because my uncle would get a healthy bonus, and be somewhat vindicated). I think because I saw so many Phillies games growing up (way more than Tigers Games), that I'm more of a Phillies fan than anything else, when my uncle isn't affiliated with a team.

I really liked the office finale as well, for my thoughts, you can check out the comments section of Brianne's LJ.

Hope all is well! Keep up the Good Work!