Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Figuring "it" out

The "it" I'm trying to figure out....seems to be changing a lot these days.  Of course Constant Change IS the name of my blog....so....I guess it's par for the course.

Speaking of Golf terminology - did anyone catch the incredible collapse of the American Ryder Cup Team?  Yikes.  Talk about horrific.  I guess you can never count out those Euros!

But I digress......right now, I have many MANY options on my plate.  Maybe if I write it all down it'll help.

Scenario #1:
So while I've currently finished with my teaching certification, I do still have three more classes to finish in order to attain my Masters of Education from Cabrini.  There is an option for me to go back to work there as a Graduate Assistant in the Spring in which I could work there and take those last there classes for free (each semester I can take one class and the college will pay for it).  That would be a good option since right now, finding a teaching job looks relatively bleak.  It's not to say I am giving up - but rather - finishing what I started.

If I decide to do this - I can continue working as an adjunct college professor (there is actually another school I am going to apply to for a full time position) - and seek out other alternatives to the ultimate goal - the Doctorate.  (yep, I am a nerd through and through!)  Temple has one of the best programs I've seen and it's the one I've been looking at for awhile.  You see, although I'd love to teach high school - I knew a long time ago I truly wanted to be a college professor.  For a lot of reasons that will be left to another post.

Scenario #2:
I apply for college coaching jobs and move again.  I don't particularly want to do this - but I really do love to coach and it's the one thing that truly brings me unsurpassed happiness every day.  Of course, it could be different on a collegiate level - but I truly love to coach.

Scenario #3:
In which I continue with the 5 jobs I have (read: spin instructor, swim coach, lesson instructor, substitute teacher, adjunct faculty at a community college) and keep pushing to try and get a real teaching job.  Honestly, with the way the economy is going, I don't know how well that will work in my favor.  My friend Bethany has been subbing ever since she got out of college - in 2008 - and she's certified in Math!....so for those of you that keep saying they need Math and Science teachers - yes they do but probably not that badly if she can't even get a job.  You know?  But again, I digress. 


There are a few other options but #1 and #3 are basically my choices.  Of course - something else could come out of it.  Honestly - I'd really love to write.  I've always loved to write and I think I'd do a really good job.  The tricky part for me is staying focused.  I have some pretty good ORIGINAL ideas that have definitely not been tackled yet.  Maybe I'll give the November writing project a try - where you're supposed to write 60K words in the month - it's equivalent to a novel supposedly.

Anyway - for the time being - I am going to tackle one thing at a time and see where it takes me.  That's all I can do, right?  I need to figure it out.


No comments: