Wednesday, February 25, 2009

what a difference a week makes....

Two! Count them! TWO days that I've gone where I haven't cried. I'm pretty proud of myself. To be honest, I think I'm all cried out. Not that I'm still not sad....but....it's time to stop crying. It's time to figure some shiz out...and keep going.

Duh katie, everyone's been telling you this. Yeah well...I never claimed to be "with it" all the time. Some times I'm a little slow on the uptake. That being said....I'm not over the situation. It's still there - but I'm trying to compartmentalize it...my dad said it best to me last night, "It's running your life right now katie and you can't keep letting it do that" He's right - on so many levels.

As for the actual situation, well, it's the same as it was....just less crying on my end. I don't know how much more I'm going to talk about it on here....I just kind of feel like I've said everything I needed/wanted to say. It's all the same shiz anyway....so no one wants to keep rereading it - I certainly want to stop talking about it. We do still talk though - so, yeah, there's that.

As for other going's on!

I did yoga for the second time last night. I really think I've found a new love! I really like the way my body feels after the workout. I've been using the P90X DVD's that my roommate has - it's pretty effin tough! There's a few studios here in O-town that I'm thinking about going to - now that I kind of have the whole thing down. There's a Bikram one and just a regular one. They're pretty reasonably priced - so we'll see. I think I'll look into it after I get back from Dallas.

I applied for Teach for America a few weeks ago. I did not get "accepted" so to speak. They ask about doing a second interview. Meh - whatev's. I'm not heartbroken about it. BUT! Kelly got the phone interview! So lots of good thoughts to her! I'm super duper stoked for her.

I went to church on Sunday and am planning on going again tonight. Today is Ash Wednesday, for all those non-catholics....which means, it's the start of LENT. And boy do I have a doozy of a statement coming up. The idea behind Lent is a call to share in the suffering love of Jesus, especially by giving up sin and sinful attitudes and walking in the path of love and service. The season begins with Ash Wednesday
, when the priest smears ash on the foreheads of Christians as a reminder that we are created from dust and to dust we shall return. Now, I am by no means a fully fledged follower of Christianity/Catholicism anymore, but I do still go to Unity Church (which I can tell you had done wonders for my person esteem and faith) and there is an Ash Wednesday service tonight. Im planning on going. As the description says, the idea is to give something up for Lent that is "sinful". When I was younger, I can remember giving up pizza on fridays, or candy or something really tough for kids to do. It's amazing how as I've gotten older, I am giving up the same things I did as a kid. This Lenten season, I am giving up sweets and drinking. YIKES! I did just say that. Am I doing this for Lent? Not necessarily. Am I doing this for better health and to save money? YES YES YES! Lent is just something to "blame" it on. HA! Its hard enough being an adult and telling people you don't drink that much - atleast now I can blame it on something else....and when it comes to religion...people don't question it.

I think it's interesting that people will question your desire to do anything until you say its for your religion or its because of your faith. In my experience, as soon as I say something like that, people automatically do not question it. In a way I think it's kind of nice because as we know, we live in America and we're all entitled to believe in whatever we want....but in a way, it's kind of sad too. I don't think people talk enough about religion. I think people are afraid of it. Religion and Religious History is SO fascinating to me. I mean, entire civilizations were created and destroyed due to it! How does that not fascinate people? I don't know, I guess I'm alone in that.

But I digress.....other ongoings....I'm heading to Dallas this weekend for another Cheer event. It's gonna be crazy busy - but at least its something to keep my mind off of things. Just gotta get through today and tomorrow and I need to figure out how I'm getting to the airport on Friday Morning - I'm thinking I should just get a taxi - but ah, who knows.

Anyway - let's try to go for three days in a row - although - I am going to church tonight so I think the streak might be over.

No comments: